Example of a random event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Example of a random event

I am playing a game in a gigantic galaxy. If quite a ways into the game, but nowhere near the endgame. Suddenly, out of nowhere, a new star system pops up in a sector adjacent to the secter where earth is. I am told that this star system is inhabited by a race that call themselves the Paridians.

Now, my influence in this sector is pretty high (close to 900) due to the fact that it is deep within my territory, so the next turn a "skull and cross bones" icon pops up next to the Paridians' star system. This tells me that they are close to defecting. Then the turn after that, I am presented with a message that the Paridians have revolted and that they are now part of my empire.

That's it...a free star system

Asmodeean

Last edited by Asmodean; February 10, 2003, 17:21.
    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

wow, thats a balanced event isnt it!

Comment

A star system that not only forms but also manages to produce sentient life in the limited time before turns is quite a remarkable event game balance aside.
      "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
      "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Originally posted by moomin
        A star system that not only forms but also manages to produce sentient life in the limited time before turns is quite a remarkable event game balance aside.
        Yeah...it's amazing, isn't it. We'll in game terms, I think that the star system was there all the way, only "unnoticed" in some way. The defection was real enough, though.

Asmodean
        Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Hmmm....weird. After my last post, this thread wasn't moved to the top of the page.

Asmodean

Comment

The picture isn't displaying either. Can you try posting that again? If it's a screenshot, I'd really be interested in seeing it.

Comment

New civilizations are the result of colonists from other civilizations breaking off and going to a star system and finding a marginal world and bringing it up to being a new civilization.

An analogy would be the Texas Republic. Colonized largely by Americans, it was soon annexed by the United States.

Comment

Sweet

-Jam
                1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I really like how even up until the last minute more events and UP issues have been put in the game. I hope this is a trend that continues with future patches. Events and such shape a game like this, even rare ones with very cool/destructive effects.
                  A lie told often enough becomes the truth.
                  -V. I. Lenin

Comment

Wow, look at all these new faces
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                    X