Toms Hardware Previews GalCiv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toms Hardware Previews GalCiv

Toms Hardware doesn't normally preview games but they did so for Galactic Civilizations.

Check out their preview at:

For the uninitiated, GC is a real-time strategy (RTS) game.
    <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
    Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Are you sure they're talking about the same GalCiv?

While warfare is similar to most other RTS games, such as Microsoft's Age of Empires, the underlying economics and politics of the game allow players to win through many different paths.

Type of game: Real-time strategy (RTS)
      Publisher: Stardock Inc.
      Number of players: 1 through 10 or more online players
      <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
      Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Well the screenshots are from Galactic Civilizations, and the text indicates that the author at least knows somebody who has heard of Galactic Civilizations. But he sure got some things wrong.

Let's establish once and for all. GalCiv is a TBS, not RTS game. And there is no, RPT no multiplayer support in GalCiv.

Asmodean
        Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

I love reviews. They are like viewing other dimensions. Of course, in other dimensions reality can be somewhat different from ours, but they are good fun anyway.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

At least it gets the brand name out there. I guess we'll have to hear the anguished cries of the RTS hordes once they buy the game; hopefully we'll gain a few converts.

Comment

that was a really bad preview!
              Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

Not as good as smelling my toilet The screenies look nice though.

-Jam
                1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Working...
                X