I just wanted to know about...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just wanted to know about...

first of all I want to say the game looks great, fantastic, insert-just-about-any-positve-comment-here, just-plain-really-good. I have some questions. forgive me if thes have been answered about a hundred times already. but they are kind of nagging me.

the Questions:

Are you forced to upgrade your governement? are those stated in the manual the only governement forms?

What exactly happens if you lose majorityin the senate? do you still have full control over all the planets?

Can colony planets defect and create their own civilization (kind of like the USA did against britain?)

Can you and an alien species colonise the same planet?

the event example where you are forced to either halve production or enslave an indigous species, is there no middle way? giving them technology and culture to bring them up amongst the minor races or make them part of you benevolent empire?

can you build colonies on planets which are class 14 or lower? what dificulties does that entail? are there any benefits?

do all the alien races prefer the same star class or do they have certain class ranges (like class 8 to class 20 where the best is 10, maybe ceti alphians?)

what exactly does "not pleasant" entail, freezing ice rocks like pluto, tectonic nightmares like europe or a sunlover like mercury? scalding lava that roams freely over the surface? (maybe the lava is intelligent you know?

Can you pollute a planet so it decreases in class rating? and recycle so it goes up?

can you kick someone out of the united planets? ban them for a period of time, as a sort of trade embargo? why can you not trade with others who aren't in the United planets? surely it should be possible to create your own "federation of united planet haters" or somesuch thing?

I was thinking of playing as a pacifist, but I'm part "mad warmonger" and would probably start bashing people in their heads anyway. are there negative modifiers if you go against your factions aligment?

about pacifism, is it possible to play the game trought without building a single military craft? or will you be picked apart by other (even friendly and good) civilizations?

is it possible make your own random events? what triggers random events? how often do they occur? and is there some way to increase or decrease random events?
    The true way of sword fencing is the craft of defeating the enemy in a fight, and nothing other than this.
    -Miyamoto Shinmen Musashi

What exactly happens if you lose majorityin the senate? do you still have full control over all the planets?
    If you mean the elections in your own empire, you lose bonuses received while your party was in power and may incur some penalties if a completely opposite party takes power.

Can colony planets defect and create their own civilization (kind of like the USA did against britain?)
    Yes.

Can you and an alien species colonise the same planet?
    I don't believe so. I'm pretty sure other races' planets can defect to you but I don't know if you can transport humans to the planet afterwards.

That's all I'm fairly certain of, not being a beta tester. Maybe someone else will jump in here.

Comment

Wow, those are some good questions
      I'd like to see them answered myself now that i've read them.
      <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
      Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

"the event example where you are forced to either halve production or enslave an indigous species, is there no middle way? giving them technology and culture to bring them up amongst the minor races or make them part of you benevolent empire?"

Unfortunately the middle way is to put them on reservations....while I don't like that way, it seems more historically accurate.....

"can you build colonies on planets which are class 14 or lower? what dificulties does that entail? are there any benefits?"

Yes, you have various planet enhancements that in the early going can boost your planet rating 2 points, and in the later going by about 3 to 4 points in addition to that.

"do all the alien races prefer the same star class or do they have certain class ranges (like class 8 to class 20 where the best is 10, maybe ceti alphians?)"

They all prefer class 15 or better as a rule. In fact they wont colonize a planet 14 or lower....which is actually good for you in the long run....

"what exactly does "not pleasant" entail, freezing ice rocks like pluto, tectonic nightmares like europe or a sunlover like mercury? scalding lava that roams freely over the surface? (maybe the lava is intelligent you know?"

Not pleasant in terms of human colonization. If you colonize it, your morale will be through the floor. Its better to avoid anything 14 and below until you have both soil enhancement and habitat improvement and a midgame with some extra money to burn. btw, not pleasant starts at an ice world and goes all the way down to Gas Giant.

"Can you pollute a planet so it decreases in class rating? and recycle so it goes up?"

The planet rating never goes down, but the morale rating does. You might say the morale rating is the effective planet rating since it is the people's opinion of the conditions there.

"can you kick someone out of the united planets? ban them for a period of time, as a sort of trade embargo? why can you not trade with others who aren't in the United planets? surely it should be possible to create your own "federation of united planet haters" or somesuch thing?"

I'm not sure, but I know this much....these will be things we will want in the future.....I will post this as a suggestion in the forum.

"I was thinking of playing as a pacifist, but I'm part "mad warmonger" and would probably start bashing people in their heads anyway. are there negative modifiers if you go against your factions aligment?"

No its just harder because the warmonger gets a better boost......just remember to boost your culture up high before you go war-mongering. Play to your strengths and establish yourself first.

"is it possible make your own random events? what triggers random events? how often do they occur? and is there some way to increase or decrease random events?"

Random events are not controllable at all by the player. However, I think we will have the ability to create new items, starbase modules, etc......Galciv's strength is that it really plays to the idea of building the community first and letting the community add to the depth of the game.

Comment

whups........I'm just learning this control code stuff....

Comment

You are the man, Tytan. Thanks!

Comment

thanx Tytan, good answers. I'll definatley buy this game!
              The true way of sword fencing is the craft of defeating the enemy in a fight, and nothing other than this.
              -Miyamoto Shinmen Musashi

Comment

Working...
              X