System Requirements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right, I'm moving to Danemark.
    You've got a better Gforce then me (same series but "only" 64Mb)
    Same processor,
    Same RAM
    I've got a "better" motherboard (I prefer Gigabite for expandability)
    I forget what make HD I got, but its the same size,
    I have a bigger tower than you - I'm thinking of the future.
    So, really, not much difference, apart from the fact I spent 114 Euros more than you.

That sucks.

I'll dig out the parts listing, if you're interested, and see what bits cost more. Or maybe sales tax is higher in Danemark? Hmm, I still think I got a good deal, so yours is GREAT.

-Jam

Edit : Forgot the OS - I also paid 99 Euros for win98 with installation.
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

It would be nice to see what you payed for the individual parts. I didn't buy an OS, since I already have a licensed WinXP Pro, which I bought a year ago or so.

Re.: sales tax. It is 25% in Denmark, on all products. You have differentiated VAT in Germany, haven't you??

Asmodean
      Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Re.: sales tax. It is 25% in Denmark, on all products.
        Good chr**t! Twenty-five percent! The next time I feel like b**ching about the nine percent sale tax here in Alabama, USA, I'll shut my mouth. I thought the prices for your PCs were a little high; I think we can get it built cheaper here. It doesn't look like it's the price of parts, though.

Comment

War of Art, I just thought: You payed for OS + assembly. I already had the OS + I assembled the PC myself. Probably the prices would have been very similar if the conditions were the same.

Asmodean
          Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodean
            I just bought a new comp. I can definately say that there is a noticeable difference. Before I had a AMD K2 450 MHz. GalCiv ran, but it made for slow games on huge and Gigantic galaxies. (Some would say that I was crazy to even try ). Now I have an AMD Athlon 2200+, which adds up to a processor speed of app. 1.73 GHz. Add to that the 512 megs of RAM that I now have, and it all means that GalCiv plays like a dream.

Asmodean
            Yay! I'm upgrading my four year old P2 to a system like that too, in a few months.
            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Asmodean, I don't believe I'll ever complain about our 15-18% (IIRC) purchase tax. 25% is insane. Go Danemark ! No wonder you get such a good pension Yes, its the OS that bumps the cost - the assembly was part of the "good deal" - buy the parts from us, and we'll build it for you. They even overclocked the CPU for me too. Nice guys.

Kass - spend that money ! I though 1000 Euros was a lot, but afterwards my life is so much more relaxed. Aaaah !
              *falls asleep at computer with a smile on his face*

-Jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Actually, it will only be 775 euros, since I won't have to buy a CD-RW or a monitor since I have those already. The only problem is getting the money; but it's happening, I can feel it...

/me kicks his current box with a P2, 64MB of RAM and a sh1tty graphics card *
                Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Working...
                X