Anybody Trying The Galciv Alpha/Beta?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody Trying The Galciv Alpha/Beta?

I'm probably going to plunk down the cashola for the whole Drengin.net, with includes the beta for Galciv and the finals for the other products, but wanted to see if anybody had tried the beta yet.

Anybody?
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

I had never heard of Drengin or any of their products. Personally, I'm not interested in Yet Another MoO Clone, what with MoO3 coming out this fall. I don't see anything in the description that makes me think it will be different enough in terms of colony µmgmt level, nor innovative in econ, tech, combat, etc.
    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Yeh, but you've heard of Stardock, right? Actually, I think it's a knock-off of VGA Planets more than MOO.

Personally, I'll probably buy both and play the one that's more fun.
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I have played GalCiv 1 on O/S 2 and the A.I. was hard to beat at harder levels. Stardock Systems knows how to make the A.I. accutually good. It does take a long time to play on a huge map though, so beware.

Comment

Thanks for your impressions, DC. I agree that Stardock seems to be able to make a good A.I. Currently, I am getting beat about 1/3rd of the time at medium level playing The Corporate Machine, also by Stardock.

Comment

Working...
          X