Korath Strategies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Korath Strategies

I'm just how different is the game with the Korath? I've noticed I never play with them, so I'm going to try and change this.

How can you best use the spore ship?
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

I've played the Korath a few times and did an AAR on them if you're interested.

My take is that the Korath are a pure conquest race. You don't have to worry about ground combat to take territory - all you have to do is removed all defenders and attack their planet with 1 spoor ship. The planet always falls, and you get its entire infrastructure. Note that you get a very tiny Korath population on the planet, so you'll need transports to load it up with population or it will be a big economic drain and grow VERY slowly.

A couple of Korath strategies:
    * Early Spooring: B-line for spoor ships and attack your neighbors before they get defenders or have very weak defenders. Taking out an enemy's capital early takes them out of the game, and you get a wonderful planet. Use all your tech to get to spoor ships and combat ships.
    * Mid spooring: similar to above, but take time to get transports to ferry population and establish colonies as you can. Don't bother researching ANY extreme colonization techs - the'll all be Toxic by the time you're done. Planets will be better defended, but your economy and population will be better able to support them.
    * Mid-late spooring: wait for most spooring until after you get Advanced Toxic, which makes newly conquered planets fully useful (you get basic Toxix for free as Korath, so planets produce at ~50%). Planets and empires will be better defended, but also better developed - free infrastructure!

The Korath are pretty powerful. When I’ve played them I’ve spoored relatively early to take out my neighbors (minors, major races that are too close or weak) and then take a break to get my economic house in order. I found that if you expand too quickly your economy implodes, especially if you have small populations and a poor economic rating.

Others may have other ideas.

Hydro

Comment

Working...
    X