GC2: DA - AAR Scenarios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC2: DA - AAR Scenarios

The following scenarios are offered to folks interested in GC2: Dark Avatar. They are intended to used as part of an AAR, but there is no reason why they couldn’t be played just for fun.

I tried to find a GC2: DA map and scenario editor. There is a decent one for GC: DL, but it doesn’t work for GC: DA and the programmer who wrote it is MIA. Therefore, the scenarios were created with the standard setups from GC2: DA, so there’s nothing too fancy.

The scenarios files are in ZIP format to save space. Copy the ZIP file to your save directory (on my PC it is C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR NAME\My Documents\My Games\GC2DarkAvatar), and unzip. The game should be ready to go.

Hope you enjoy the scenarios, and I hope to see a few AARs

deleted

Comment

Scenario 1: But I’m The Good Guy

The Dread Lords are defeated, but the galaxy is in shambles. Alliances have dissolved into petty squabbling, economies have imploded, and technology lost. All that remains is a memory of empire and a burning desire to right wrongs…or avenge wrongs.

GC2: DA
      Player: Iconians (good), optimized for research; Technologists
      5 AI players: Yor, Korath (evil); Thalians, Terrans (neutral); Torians (good)
      2 minor races
      Small galaxy, common everything, standard settings
      Special – Yor at war with Iconians (ancient vengeance against former masters); Torians are close to Iconians (good guys stick together)
      Victory conditions: all
      Attached Files

Comment

Scenario 2: You die, she dies, everybody dies…

The dust has settled and only those that did what was necessary have survived the Dread Lords. The weak races are but a lingering memory of ineptitude, and some of them have made worthy slaves. Ah, but there are others. Perhaps they are not so soft, but that will make victory all the more delicious (literally!).

Player: Korath, optimized for conquest; War Party
        5 AI players: Drengin, Yor, Korx (evil); Krynn, Thalians (neutral)
        3 minor races
        Special – Drengin and Korath at war
        Victory conditions: need you ask? Conquest only.
        Attached Files

Comment

Scenario 3: In The Pocket

The battle against the Dread Lords has finished and the major races now have the resources to start colonizing the rest of the galaxy. One promising sector was almost unpopulated before the conflagration of the Dread Lords and colony ships from six races arrive more or less at the same time. While exploring one of the worlds the impetuous Terrans stumble upon an Arnorian artifact. It is activated and there is a pulse of light and then…nothing.

Or, it seemed like nothing. Panicked calls come in from HQ that most of the galaxy has disappeared! Did the device obliterate most of the known universe? The Arnorians were so powerful, it just might be true. Eventually a different but almost as horrible truth becomes known: the device activated a pocket universe, and everyone in this area of space is trapped in it. After this stark realization a more chilling question remains: are there Dread Lords – imprisoned ages ago and primed for conquest and revenge – in this pocket of time and space? There may be rescue, but first there is a more important mission: to survive.

Player: Terrans (neutral), optimized for economy and diplomacy; Populist Party
          5 AI players: Torians, Drath (good); Drengin, Korx (evil); Krynn (neutral)
          No minor races
          Small galaxy, common everything, abundant habitable planets; standard settings
          Special – are the Dread Lords present?
          Victory conditions: alliance, research, conquest
          NOTE – the Terran has a REALLY good home planet
          Attached Files

Comment

Scenario 4: And Miles To Go

An area separated from the rest of the galaxy by a wide starless gulf remained un-colonized for almost a decade after the invention of the hyperdrive by the Terrans. Specially outfitted colony ships were finally dispatched with the expectation that they’d take years to arrive at their destination.

Then the Dread Lords struck and the home empires were suddenly occupied with a fight for their lives. The sad truth is that there would be no reinforcements, no additional colonists – nothing. Moreover it appears the war against the ancient evil is going poorly, but it is possible that this far-flung outpost might be allowed to develop unnoticed…maybe.

Player: Thalians (neutral) optimized for growth, morale, social and military building; Industrialist Party
            4 AI players: Yor, Drengin (evil); Altarian (good); Arceans (neutral)
            2 minor races
            Special – none
            NOTE – excellent starting position. Hint: make as many colony ships as you can ASAP!
            Attached Files

Comment

Darnit, I completely missed this thread. Gonna start at least one of them this weekend.

Comment

Excellent!

I'll look forward to you AARs! Korn had a great one with lots of terrific nuggets, too.

Hydro

Comment

Scenario 5: Blood Makes Grass Grow

This scenario was inspired by Korn, who thought that it would be more challenging to play without tech trading, minor races, and anomalies – all of which can be used by players.

Player: Yor optimized for economy with some points in diplomacy and morale; Federalist party
                  Level: Painful
                  4 AI players: Korath, Korx, Drengin (evil); Iconians (good)
                  Small galaxy, common everything except for anomalies (rare)
                  No minor races
                  Special – no tech trading, blind exploration
                  Attached Files

Comment

Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Hydro did you make scenario 5 with the patched version of DA or not, and if not, will old save games work with the patch?

Comment

Patched. I downloaded it the day it came out.

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. I don't they the core elements of the races or map were changed.

Hydro

Comment

Sounds great. I patched the same day it came out as well.

Comment

Working...
                          X