GC2: DA - Apolyton AAR University

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC2: DA - Apolyton AAR University

Welcome to the Galactic Civilizations 2: Dark Avatar (GC2: DA) Apolyton University!

There are many ways of enjoying GC2: DA, but since it is single player it is a solitary endeavor. GC2: DA (and its predecessor GC2: Dark Lords) has a lot of potential for telling an epic story, presenting interesting challenges, and for having nmany turn of events that can make or break an empire. Indeed, one of the great attractions of GC2 is the number of real choices a player has to make, any one of which can have significant implications later in the game.

But there is a way to share the epic of GC2 – the after action report (AAR). This allows a blow-by-blow telling of the story as it develops, or it can be a more straight forward recitation of decisions and events. Regardless, the AARs can be instructive to others by highlighting decisions or dilemmas. In this way they can add to the wealth of information and, cumulatively, form a GC2: DA Apolyton University.

Moreover, since each game in GC2 is unique this thread will provide a common scenario with a broad theme, which interested players can play and then post the results as an AAR. This will allow the strategies, styles, and decisions to be compared, appreciated, and learned from by others. The AARs can be straight text, but they also can include screen shots (see below) to highlight a situation or event.

General guidelines:
    * Download and play the posted scenario. Note the scenario theme, as it has a significant influence the setup.
    * Note critical decisions or events, and take screenshots if you are so inclined.
    * Create a new threat and post the AAR
    * If interested, provide a summary of lessons learned on this thread.

Of course, there is no reason to limit yourself to the posted scenarios. If you’d like to post an AAR about your current game, then by all means do so!

Screenshot instructions (courtesy of yin26):

* Locate the screen in GC2 to the vantage point-of-interest. Hit the Print Screen button. NOTE – I have to exit GC2 after the screen shot instead of tabing out. If I do tab out and then go back into GC2 I find it has completely locked up my PC and I have to hard boot.
    * Drop the image from the clipboard into the Paint program that comes with XP.
    * Clip out the portion that's important to you and re-paste it back into a new Paint canvas (Control N should do it for a new canvas, then Control V to paste). Save as a .jpg file.
    * Upload the jpg screenshot to Image Shack, a free image hosting site that even gives you the ability to resize images automatically according to use. Yin uses the Message Board (600x800; suitable for a 15 inch monitor) setting. The instructions are fairly clear, but be sure to select the Hotlink To Forums size and not the thumbnail images (which are tiny).
    * You then get urls that you can copy and paste into forums. You have to create an account with Image Shack to have easy access to your images.
    Last edited by Hydro; February 25, 2007, 17:53.
Working...
X