Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scratch that. 10 weeks. Our entire economy is supporting the research effort now! A Kork colony ship came close to one of the barren worlds, and I thought we were in trouble. It turned back, however. The clock is ticking! SOLVER: Just saw your post. Indeed!
    I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Ack! I lost BOTH planets ONE TURN from getting the right tech! Crap!!! I'm screwed...and determined to hurt some AI somewhere...
      I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

Comment

Wow .
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

My only hope now is to go for military techs and try to take out the Drath NOW. The Korx, with whom I have 4 trade lanes up and running, got the other planet. Man, it was pretty silly. The AI got those planets after I hit 'turn' and was waiting simply to move both my colony ships in for the take as soon as I took control of the turn. I guess the AI understood beelining to the Barren World tech!

Comment

Check if they're within your influence zone, which would make the planets easy to flip with a couple of starbases.

Comment

Good idea, but I've gone another route. I bribed the Korath to attack the Drath. It was 1000bc, but it should buy me the time I need. If the Korx can stay happy with me, and if I can get a troop transport going (or two or three) soon enough, the Drath might be in a world of hurt. Also, the only thing that has kept me in the game with my two planets compared with 5 for the Drath is my massive population growth bonus...but time is running out!

Comment

This slight chance at lasting another half hour is brought to you by the Korath and my huge diplo bonus!

Comment

Ahh, you can kick some Drath ass. The AI isn't always good at coordinating Transports with its main strike troops. If the Korath fleet eliminates defenders in a Drath planet, it might take several turns for a Korath transport to show up. Instead, park some of your own there. Once the Drath have an undefended planet, declare war and move in!

Comment

...and the diplo situation is ripe...I have to strike soon!

Comment

Interestingly, thanks to the investment I put into spying on the Drath, I can see that they aren't handling the shift to defense mode very well. One planet is stuck producing a constructor, two are idle spaceports, and only two are producing fighters...though one of those says "Never," which highlights a lack of the AI switching to production mode. Curious. While I don't have a ship nearby to witness an attack, I could see that 5 or so Korath ships just left orbit...I hope for the Drath!

Comment

Well, hmmm...

Comment

Uhm, that certainly doesn't sound like the Intelligent AI setting. In my experience, once declared war on, AIs pump out ships like crazy...

Comment

Oh, you just got to love the Korath diplomacy, eh? I would refuse - they're too busy to attack you now. Though it does sound like your military is well inferior...

Comment

Well, I paid them figuring that they might get entangled with another civ if I keep them happy for a little while. Here I have positioned my survey ship as the first Korath spore ship closes in. I have a few Defenders and Transports on the way. I don't see that the Korath have any Transports yet, like you said, Solver.

Comment

Ohh, good to see a sporeship there. If you're lucky, the Korath will use it well on the Drath... before coming with some more after you .

Comment

Working...
                                X