Colors of races on the minimap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colors of races on the minimap

Sorry, just remembered I had this question too.

Some of the civ's (or races, I guess) have very similar colors which I have a hard time distinguishing (especially the ones that are greyish to me). And sometimes I pick an already used color to represent me for a custom race.

So is there a way to change a race's displaying color on the minimap (even if its just my own race's color) AFTER the game has begun?

I didn't see it anywhere in the manual. Thanks
    .......shhhhhh......I'm lurking.......proud to have been stuck at settler for six years.......

I supposed it could be possible to edit the .sav file though I wouldn't know what piece deals with the race colours.

And yes, the colours of the Korx and the Iconian are annoyingly similar.
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonâ„¢
      And yes, the colours of the Korx and the Iconian are annoyingly similar.
      Annoyingly annoying.

If someone knows how to mod it, please tell

Comment

I would guess that the expansion pack will let players change this, since one of the major features is super-customizable opponents.

So buy Dark Avatar!!!

Comment

I dont wanna pay for the fix, dammit. Its just one color. How hard can that be.

I know there is a lot of "how had can that be"'s but, nevertheless, it should be fixed...(or modded).

And btw. if Dark Avatar lives up to its expectations, i'll buy it, of course... But only AFTER its relatively bug-free.

Comment

You do know you can change the race-colour at the start of every game?
            DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

But can you change the color for every race, or just your own?

Comment

Your own, of course...

Colon knows too, but is too lazy to read the whole thread to know what I was talking about...

Comment

My post's seen some action recently.

Yeah its the Korx and Iconian that always mess me up.

I do pick my own custom color at the start. Problem is that I always pick a color that's too similar to one already on the map. Maybe I just need better eyes, but it does seem silly that something like this can't be done easily.
                  .......shhhhhh......I'm lurking.......proud to have been stuck at settler for six years.......

Comment

Working...
                  X