No announcement yet.

Are you happy with the game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm very happy about it. Civ 4 has been kicked in the closet for a long time already. Maybe I should try it again but I'm still waiting for my tech tree they "promised" to send. I find the AI more terrible at Civ 4 then GalCiv 2. You see much more bonus given to the AI in civ 4 then in GalCiv 2.

Though atm, I have put it away until 1.1 is complete.

Comment

Regarding AI difficulties, Brad should have done what he said he wanted to do a while ago: have separate sliders for AI intelligence and economy boosts; basically letting people set a "custom" difficulty level. So you could have a smart AI with a heavy economy handicap, or vice versa, or whatever you wanted. Ideally, the difficulty interface should also look more like it was in Civ III, a spectrum that is completely visible so that players know where they are and how many more steps there are in each direction.

I agree, the naming has also been a huge problem; Brad wanted people not to be put-off by getting beat by the AI early on, but the end result was more people being put off by how easy the AI is on "normal".

Originally posted by Peets
      Though atm, I have put it away until 1.1 is complete.
      Shouldn't have to wait long, I hear its coming out sometime this week... I can't wait to see if they actually post the full change-log though, it is going to be dozens of pages long.

Comment

Working...
      X