Declaration of War ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Declaration of War ??

Is it just me or is there never a Declaration of War..?
    The other races taunt and threaten all the time without going to war . Suddenly after one of their rants they are at war with you but the only way you will know it is if you (1) check the relations screen,,or if they (2) actually attack you, or if (3) they suddenly want a peace treaty..
    This seems very fixable,, I hope its done in a patch..
    Thanks...

Uh, they always declare - methinks you need to read those pop-ups a little more closely.

Comment

"Prepare to die" is usually not a good sign.
      Fight chicken abortion! Boycott eggs!

Comment

nice response,, LOL I read ALL the Pop-ups dude.. never seen "We declare war on you etc"..
        As for "prepare to die" while yes that might mean war,,but they are many threats that are not war..

Me thinks you need to actually read my statement..

Comment

Dunno, in my experience, they seemed all too happy to declare war. The good civs not always, but the evil civs would always declare...
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

As for "prepare to die" while yes that might mean war
            *sigh*

Comment

At some point in a recent game, I noticed that my ships kept waking up from "guard" status, which was annoying as hell. As far as I know, they don't wake from guard unless enemies are nearby, and I was at peace with everyone. Ships were constantly shuttling through my territory, including the Yor, who were making war with someone on my other side, but up till now all these ships hadn't been waking up my ships.

A dozen or so turns later, the Yor decide to make peace with me.

Huh?

I overwrote the autosave from earlier, so I can only guess one of two things happened:

-it's a glitch and they were never actually at war with me
              -just as the original poster said, they "invisibly" declared war on me at some earlier point. While I wasn't particularly strong militarily, especially compared with them, perhaps there were too busy pressing war against their original oponent to bother with me (I did have quite a few ships in my systems along with a few military starbases with a ton of modules).

Oddly, when I looked at the relationship screen a few turns later, to see who was at war with who, the game crashed, which may or may not be evidence that there was some underlying bug.

Comment

Still missing the point guys.. it seems you want to disagree without even making an intelligent counterpoint to the question, do they ever make a Declaration of War ?.. and enough already..I get the part about when then they say you're going die soon etc.. geesh
                they make other threats too without going to actually war but you make no reference to that..
                Once again,,In every game I've played there is NEVER any Official Declaration of War as in Civ games and other strategy games.. As a leader of millions and numerous planets and goverments,,I would think it would made offficial at least.. or have any of you ever played a civ game before?
                I guess I must of missed the WWE section in the manual where "talking smack " means you're at war.. LOL
                This thread is dead as far as intelligence now..
                ( hows that for Declaring ? )

Comment

There is no formal declaration. There are a handful of cocky expressions that mean they have declared war.

I have never noticed an invisible declaration. They have always made some sort of smart ass remark.
                  Got my new computer!!!!

Comment

They have always made some sort of smart ass remark.
                    If that constituted a declaration of war, I would be at war with most people I meet on the internet.
                    Fight chicken abortion! Boycott eggs!

Comment

Originally posted by tetley

If that constituted a declaration of war, I would be at war with most people I meet on the internet.
                      heh heh heh... yeah... tetley prepare to die!!! (kidding)

In all honesty, I think the general way diplomatic announcements are communicated to the player (or not communicated) could be improved upon. While I love the little quips from the AIs, it would be great if the window actually said "Declaration of War" on the top just to clarify. I also really wish we received uniform announcements when other civs declared war, made peace, signed alliances, etc; with an option to turn all those off for those who don't want to be bugged by them (though I think most players would rather stay informed).

Comment

Working...
                      X