No announcement yet.

The "Advantage" meter ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, if there was an option to hide it I would probably use it. That way I would actually hold my breath as the battle was fought because I wouldn't know "oh, 9-2, I'll win this one easily".

Because you are right ACE; while space battles are run by dice too, at least its all behind the scenes.

So, I vote there be an option to hide it. Probably would be really easy to code, too.

Comment

> space battles are run by dice too, at least its all behind the scenes.

The fleet battle isn't. I kind of like WHY the fleet battle isn't.
      Fight chicken abortion! Boycott eggs!

Comment

Originally posted by tetley
        > space battles are run by dice too, at least its all behind the scenes.

The fleet battle isn't. I kind of like WHY the fleet battle isn't.
        Fleet battles have random factors too. There are rolls made to see how much damage is done for each shot, it's not always the same.

Comment

But it's not behind the scenes.
          Fight chicken abortion! Boycott eggs!

Comment

Originally posted by Gufnork After the advantage factors are worked out you multiply your forces with your advantage factor and his forces with his factor, the highest resulting product wins. Very simple, very unrealistic.
            Also very untrue

Your Soldiering level plays a much more vital role than what you get from the advantage rol. I've held off invasions where the attacker outnumbered me 4 to 1, had the "advantage" role of about 20 to 5 and I still kicked his butt.

The advantage roll is a way to keep at least -some- uncertainty in the battles. It by no means determines the outcome of the fight tho.

Comment

Working...
            X