Question about modding events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about modding events

(I had to remove the > < symbols 'cause it wasn't displaying properly.)

For example, a given event is:

Title Pods /Title
    Description Our scouts report that significant portions of the planet are inhabited by a sentient pod-like creature. These pods bond with other sentient life. Those who are bonded by these pods experience significant physical pain at all times, but have heightened intelligence. What are your orders? /Description
    Image Gfx\event_pods.png /Image
    Event Type0 EventType
    GoodOption Keep our people away from those things. No one should have to live in agony. /GoodOption
    NeutralOption Encourage our people to make use of the pods, but don't force anyone. (+[NEUTRALVALUE]% Research bonus) /NeutralOption
    EvilOption Excellent! Require all colonists to be 'introduced' to these pods! (+[EVILVALUE]% Research bonus) /EvilOption
    GoodAttribute 0 /GoodAttribute
    NeutralAttribute 9 /NeutralAttribute
    EvilAttribute 9 /EvilAttribute
    GoodValue 0 /GoodValue
    NeutralValue 20 /NeutralValue
    EvilValue 60 /EvilValue
    GoodPopChange 0 /GoodPopChange
    NeutralPopChange 0 /NeutralPopChange
    EvilPopChange 0 /EvilPopChange
    MoralityWeight 4 /MoralityWeight

Now, according to this, each moral option (good, neutral & evil) can affect one attribute (in the case above, attribute 9, the Research bonus) and also have a population change. However, I would like to create events with more complex ramifications, say a good event that increases morale but decreases production. Does anyone know if this is possible? Will I break the program if I try:

GoodOption Blah blah blah. ([GOODVALUE] to morale, [GOODVALUE] to production) /GoodOption
    NeutralOption Blah blah. ([NEUTRALVALUE] percent to planetary production) /NeutralOption
    EvilOption Blah blah blah. /EvilOption
    GoodAttribute 2 /GoodAttribute (morale)
    GoodAttribute 3 /GoodAttribute (production)
    NeutralAttribute 3 /NeutralAttribute
    EvilAttribute 0 /EvilAttribute
    GoodValue 20 GoodValue (morale)
    GoodValue -30 /GoodValue (production)
    NeutralValue -10 /NeutralValue
    EvilValue 0 /EvilValue
    GoodPopChange 0 /GoodPopChange
    NeutralPopChange 0 /NeutralPopChange
    EvilPopChange 0 /EvilPopChange

Or would I have to have GoodAttribute1, GoodAttribute2 & GoodValue1, GoodValue2?

If it ends up I can only affect one attribute per moral option, I must admit I'm going to be extremely disappointed. I want choices to have complex consequences, not just nudging you closer to good or bad.

Also, does anyone have a full list of attributes and the associated numbers (like 2 is morale, 3 is production, etc.)

Any information and assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
Working...
X