What's that lady singing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's that lady singing?

What is the name of the song on the main menu screen? What language is it in, what are the lyrics?

It's a dodgy rip off of the civ4 title music

Comment

Originally posted by Tim_Augustus
      It's a dodgy rip off of the civ4 title music
      Really useful reply there. Yeah, an orchestral piece with operatic singing really sounds a lot like Baba Yetu and it's Swahili singing...

Anyone with an answer out there?

Comment

Ohhhh Aaaaah, Aaaah Ooooooh... Ooooh Aaaah, oooooh ah ah ooooooh... Ooooooooh oh ah eh oooooooh !

Sorry.

Comment

Gotta love these typical, Apolyton, smart-alec answers.

Comment

I thought it was just an enhanced version of the original GalCiv theme. As far as I know, it is legal to "rip off" your own previous work. However, I have no idea what the lyrics are, or even if that singing is truly verbal. It may be non-verbal vocal work it may have been meant to suggest some sort of alien tongue. Either that, or its all really obvious and I just somehow fumbled in my search for clear meaning there.

Regards,
            Adam Weishaupt

Comment

Originally posted by Badtz Maru

Really useful reply there. Yeah, an orchestral piece with operatic singing really sounds a lot like Baba Yetu and it's Swahili singing...

Comment

Tim_Augustus, your reply does not say alot this time neither. We're friendly, but can't just find a use to a reply with no explanation.
                Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

How can someone keep such a low post count for so long with so many content-free posts? Does Tim only come out once a year to post smileys in question threads or something?

Comment

To many meaningless posts, and you end up with a very low post count indeed.

But as of what the lady sings, I am tempted to agree with Barbazoul. But it does sound a lot like the good old GalCiv theeme, with a little singing.
                    Visit my CTP-page and get TileEdit and a few other CTP related programs.
                    Download and test SpriteEdit development build.

Comment

Working...
                    X