Would there be patch 1.8X ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would there be patch 1.8X ?

Currently the game ia absolutely raw, it's beta quality. I can hardly beleive that there will be less than 15 patches.
    I fear so.
    6.67%
    I hope so.
    73.33%
    No way.
    6.67%
    No banana.
    13.33%
    money sqrt evil;
    My literacy level are appalling.

There probably will be that many patches added, because Stardock like releasing patches.

The gaming is a bit more buggy than it should be. But it's not beta quality. Looking at the bugs thread, the only bug left which can't be easily avoided is Sirians map disappearing into the distance one. Compared to some games with the resources for a large QA department, it's pretty good.

Comment

WHAT ??

absolutley Raw ????
      I`m sorry i disagree, this game might have a few bugs but it does not put me off playing it. I`ve never had so much fun, well not since the early days when Alpha Centauri came out.
      I think you should compare this stability wise to Civ4.
      I`ve had no crashes with this game, whereas I had to do a complete upgrade to my pc just to play civ4!!
      Stardock Rock IMO and the public beta testers did a FANTASTIC JOB with play testing this game

Comment

Game is not raw at all. Everything works and the patch really isn't a patch, it actually drastic alters the game. The new funds allocating system will make the economy completely different that what it was before. Most of the time patches are just for bug fixes, but for Stardock patches are actually content based.

Comment

i voted hope so. stardocks patches not only fix whatever problems the game may have but had content & improved gameplay. as stated above the improvement content tends to be the general purpose of their patches.
          completly disagree with the 'raw' statement.

Comment

I too completely disagree with the Raw statement.

This game is of high quality, very fun, and extremely playable (re tech requirements) right out of the box.

Granted it does have its rough edges, but what can you expect from a game that was developed with a relatively shoestring budget compared to those at major development houses.

15 patches...25 patches...heck, who cares - looking at the beta log for 1.1, it is impresive that not only are they fixing a ton of the cosmetic and interface bugs and issues, but they are also redoing major parts of the game....most in response to fan feedback...this is awesome.
            A man's private thought can never be a lie; what he thinks, is to him the truth, always. - Mark Twain, Letter to Louis Pendleton, 8/4/1888

Comment

If you compare it to other games, then it isn't still beta.
              Or you should see all games as beta's

Comment

It's gonna get 15 patches because they continue making the game better for a long time, unlike some other companies.

I cannot comment on someone else's experience, but I get no bugs.
                Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

Originally posted by Peets
                  Or you should see all games as beta's
                  Sad to say, but you are right.

Anyway, Stardock must do lots of patches to justify their copy-protection system.
                  money sqrt evil;
                  My literacy level are appalling.

Comment

Yeah, I also thinks it's pretty buggy. Haven't encountered anything game killing, but at more than one occassion I've been wondering what the beta testers were doing.
                    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

especially the save/load bug
                      It's quite obivous but still there. I hope they fix it with the big update.

Comment

Yes, it is buggy. I got greeted with crash after crash while finishing my last game. It got so bad I started saving at the end of every turn just so I could win it. Beat 9 civs on a large map with influence victory, 94% of galaxy covered(completely overlapping Terran/Dregin empires). The end got pretty dissapointing though.

The AI in GC2 doesn't seem to know how to wage a war. In the end when I was demolishing the Arcaen empire my Terran/Dregin allies who had declared war on him with me sat around not sending transports to planets with no ships protecting them, or even sending on much ships. The AI likes to cluster its ships for some reason, and when it goes to war conquering seems to just be it throwing all units nearby at the enemy.

I finished the game with an obscene ratio, around 250 ships destroyed and 3 lost myself. Part of this is due to lots of hp on my ships which I understand was toned down in patch, but its also because of how their combat system is setup. Large ships with lots of weapons=better then any smaller combination of ships. And since the AI loves the smaller combinations, you see how this is going.

The free hit the attacker gets combined with high hp on larger hulls to soak damage means you can plow through the AI. The many planets I conquered also showed that the AI apparently has no idea what its doing planet-wise. I found the Economical/Technological/Political capitol of an AI all on the same PQ 9 planet, and no it wasn't a minor race's world. Near the end I was also finding Orbital Fleet Managers all over as well, which are pretty much a waste since the AI never retreated to its planets.

The AI also never builds any farms, so on the off chance it does actually load up transports for war it does serious damage to its tax income rather then being able to soak it like a smart player. And the list goes on... I'm not saying the game isn't fun, its just sad to see the difficulty I experienced at first was just learning the game and not them actually providing a strong AI this time around.

Once more the claim of features and complexity being sacrificed for good AI seems laughable.
                        "Every good communist should know political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao tse-Tung

Comment

Originally posted by muxec Anyway, Stardock must do lots of patches to justify their copy-protection system.
                          No they dont. At least they are not using Starforce, which would have prevented me from even considering buying the game.
                          Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by ChaotikVisions
                            Yes, it is buggy. I got greeted with crash after crash while finishing my last game. It got so bad I started saving at the end of every turn just so I could win it. Beat 9 civs on a large map with influence victory, 94% of galaxy covered(completely overlapping Terran/Dregin empires). The end got pretty dissapointing though.
                            You haven't said, what difficulty were you playing on? If it was normal (or really anything below tough), then you've got no call to be claiming the AI sucks, when it is coded to do stupid things on normal. Etc.
                            "For it must be noted, that men must either be caressed or else annihilated; they will revenge themselves for small injuries, but cannot do so for great ones; the injury therefore that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance." - Niccolo Machiavelli

Comment

I played on tough, where all bonuses are equal(aside from their map cheat) and all civs are operating at their best AI wise using Intelligent level.
                              "Every good communist should know political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao tse-Tung

Comment

Working...
                              X