Need help with the usermade ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with the usermade ships

I designed a really goodlooking (at least in my opinion) large hull ship, and for reasons unkown, instead of quickly saving the game I took a turn... and the game crashed. The ship design was gone, but it is still in my documents\My Games\GalCiv2\ships folder and I really wanted it back.
    So I thought, if I start a new game with same custom race and ship type, then do cheat get all the techs... I should get the ship in my shipyard, upgrade... chuck a higher grade weapon on it and return to my ongoing game where I just research the higher grade weapon and viola, my beautiful design would come back to haunt me.

Just one tiny problem: when using cheat I get a hodgepogde of several Custom races worth of ships, but not the one I wanted (I don't get others either) what should I do and how does the shipyard choose which of my previous designs it should display?
    The true way of sword fencing is the craft of defeating the enemy in a fight, and nothing other than this.
    -Miyamoto Shinmen Musashi

As long as the ship is in that folder you mentioned and you have techs, you should be able to access it. Don't know why it wouldn't work.

Sorry man!

Comment

Working...
    X