Time-travel in GalCiv II?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time-travel in GalCiv II?

How is time-travel represented in GalCiv II, or is it represented at all? Is it impossible in the GalCiv universe, or are there time-travel-related technologies? For example, in MoO2, you can build a device on your ships which gives them twice as many combat turns as normal. Or is there the possibility of actually time-travelling in the game (which would admittedly be extremely difficult to implement)?

I've always thought it would be really cool if replay features a la Starcraft (storing everything that's happened in the game so it can be recreated in a replay video) were merged with saveing/loading. You'd only need one saved game, and with that saved game, you'd be able to revert to *any* previous turn in the game.

It'd be even cooler if there was a tech which allowed sending ships back in time: That'd work like loading a saved game, except that you'd bring a ship from the current game with you into the past. But the utter lack of technology to support advanced ships in the past might make that tricky. Perhaps you'd have to take resources with you, and they'd still get depleted eventually, and the ship would break down.

Anyways, it'd be great to see that in a game sometime, and I doubt it's in GalCiv II, but it would be cool if it were. :P

Hey, maybe it'll be in Spore (but I doubt it). :P

(Hey, a guy can dream, can't he? )
    "For it must be noted, that men must either be caressed or else annihilated; they will revenge themselves for small injuries, but cannot do so for great ones; the injury therefore that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance." - Niccolo Machiavelli

Re: Time-travel in GalCiv II?

Edit: Whoops, apparently I hit the quote button instead of the edit button (I have the colors reversed, and the button text is apparently a transparent image, so it's black on dark dark grey now). And now I can't find the delete button.
    "For it must be noted, that men must either be caressed or else annihilated; they will revenge themselves for small injuries, but cannot do so for great ones; the injury therefore that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance." - Niccolo Machiavelli

Comment

Nope.

Comment

Oh well. (I downloaded the tech tree and looked at it, but it doesn't say what the techs unlock. But it looks fairly simplistic... Hm.)

Comment

Well, all you need to know is what the first tech does. The rest does exactly the same thing, only better. There are a few exceptions to this, but not many.

Comment

Oh. That doesn't sound encouraging... Is it the same with planetary improvements?

Comment

Yes, there are six basic buildings. There are also some unique buildings that each civilization can have one of and a few unique that only one civilization can have one of. But on most planets you'll have one of the six then upgrade it regularily when you research the next tech in the line.

Comment

Working...
              X