Forming Alliances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forming Alliances

Does anyone know what the full requirements for forming an alliance with another race are? I thought I understood, but in certain situations the option never comes up...
    I make movies. Come check 'em out.

The relationship statuses you can get with other civilizations are these: War, Hostile, Cool, Neutral, Warm, Friendly, Close, Ally.

The option to form an alliance only appear if your relationship status is Close. It's very difficult to achieve and I've only managed it once, the only time I played Drengin. I managed to ally myself with two civilizations, the Korx and the Iconians. I don't know why they became close to me, I didn't send a single trade ship to them, nor did I give them any free stuff. All my trade ships went to the Yor who I was trying to befriend.

Comment

Do both parties involved need to have the "Alliance" technology before the option becomes available?
      I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

Sure wouldn't hurt your relations to give it to them.
        Fight chicken abortion! Boycott eggs!

Comment

One person suggested that bribery is insufficent. You may need to actually trade with them regularly. Create a working relationship, if you will.

Comment

As I said in my previous post, trading is not necessary. I should also point out that both civs were very far away from me, which is probably very helpful for good relations. Also, this chart of blocs might be helpful, this is how the galaxy has been divided every game I've had so far:

Good bloc:
            Dratha
            Altaria
            Torian
            Terran
            Thalan

Evil Bloc:
            Drengin
            Yor
            Korx
            Icosian
            Arcean

Trying to make friends with a civilization in the opposing bloc will be quite difficult and I don't recommend it (other than to appease them).

Comment

Actually, I find it very easy to ally with other civilizations.
              Of course, close only appears when I pass the year 2230.

I see it like friendship.
              It takes a while to grow
              You have to eliminate the - factors.
              Try to get as many +factors.
              Then close will come out very easily.
              Of course, if you are a warmonger, it will be much harder to get a close somewhere.
              If you go to war with someone, it's possible that you stepped on someone feet.
              My current game, with 9 opps. I have 5 close to me
              And I barely gave them gifts or anything. The year is 2233.

Comment

Working...
              X