Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demo is due out soon

As posted at GalCiv2.com:

Doing a demo » Forum Post by Frogboy » I hate doing demos. There, I've said it. The rea

Looks like the Demo is going to QA this week, due out in a couple weeks or so.

Excellent news! I've been wanting to try a demo before buying. (I didn't used to be that way, but after rushing out to buy MoO3 as soon as it came out, I'm a try the demo first guy now!)

Comment

You might wish to try GalCiv 1 demo then. Gives you a good idea. In my opinion GalCiv2 is the same, only better.
      Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

I'm eagerly anticipating having the chance to try out the game and see if I like it. I've heard good things about GalCiv II, but I've also heard people say it isn't worth the price, and it sounds like there's a good amount of bugs in it still. Still, it sounds pretty good, but I'm not going to buy it without trying the demo first. I want to see for myself how well it works and whether it's fun for me, before I spend any money on it.

One reason I'm being cautious is that I had heard nothing but good things about Space Empires IV, but it just wasn't fun for me (But for comparison, I love MoO 2).
        "For it must be noted, that men must either be caressed or else annihilated; they will revenge themselves for small injuries, but cannot do so for great ones; the injury therefore that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance." - Niccolo Machiavelli

Comment

Please keep us posted about the status of the demo.
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Keep an eye on galciv2.com, it'll be posted on the front page the second it's available.

Comment

Bugs aren't a problem long-term because of the strong technical support and continual updates.
              Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
              Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

Less than 2 days away...
                Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.

Comment

Yep, Gamespy I believe will have it up tomorrow sometime last I read.

Comment

It is actually GameSpot (~28 hours left until the release).

The Galactic Civilizations II: Dread Lords demo offers an exciting taste of the turn-based strategy game that pits you against a galaxy full of treasures and dangers. The 173MB download offers you the chance to play as the humans and to test your strength against three other races.
                    SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

It is out!.
                      SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Illuminatus
                        It is out!.
                        It mentions that you can play as the humans in the demo against 3 other races. Is it Sandbox mode? If so, what options are available (i.e. difficulty, galaxy size, etc.)?

Comment

was really hoping 1.1 would be released at same time. oh well.

Comment

Hopefully they'll patch the demo to 1.1 at some point. But happy just to have SOMETHING to play with.

Comment

what makes you think i am not happy with the game? been playing it for about a week now & like it very much. just want the 1.1 fixes & enhancements.

Comment

Working...
                              X