Will it run on Windows 98?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will it run on Windows 98?

That's what I want to know. Because of my low income at the moment, and me still wanting to play DOS games, I still have Windows 98 installed. So far this means having to do without Civ 4 and AOE III. But GalCiv 2 will run on Windows 98 (first release) won't it?
    Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
    Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

I know that there are people in the beta using 98, and Stardock seems very interested in getting it to work properly for them.

Comment

Hurrah! Thanks.
      Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.

Comment

Civilization IV also has been reported to work on Win98SE.

It would be wise to try install the demo tho, before getting it.

Comment

WOW! Ok, 'cos someone said they'd give me a Win 98 SE upgrade disk.

Comment

You're not gonna believe this!

The Civ IV demo runs on my Win 98 without a hitch. It's not even the SE version, it's the one prior to that (with four service packs as I recall - Release D or somesuch).

Does that mean that the full game might run on Windows 98?

Comment

Working...
            X