Welcome!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome!

In a further step towards Apolyton Civilization Site's (ACS) commitment to cover Stardock Systems-developed Galactic Civilizations II: Dread Lords in full, a GalCiv II forum set has been born on ACS.

For now, only a 'General' forum exists. As the release of the game draws nearrt, and certainly after its release, additional forums will be added based on individual traits of the title that emerge as well as similar themes found in other game forum sets on-site.

In the coming days, all GalCiv II related threads will be moved out of the original GalCiv for the PC forum set and elsewhere if/when found.

---------
    Dan; Apolyton CS
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Great work dan
    -
    So, just wondering, is this new GalCiv game going to be massively Mulitplayer? At least I understood that one of Wardell's new games was going to be designed in that style... or was I misinformed?

Does anyone here have an answer?

Thanks!

~DC
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

The Massively Multiplayer game will be called Society.

Society is also being worked on by Stardock at the same time as GalCiv II, and will be an MMORTS. GalCiv will be more of the same TBS goodness, though.

EDIT: Oops, I notice you already have discovered the Society thread, DC.
      XBox Live: VovanSim
      xbox.com (login required)
      Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
      Spore page

Comment

I'm not too sure that GalCiv will be "more of the same TBS" with all its innovations though: http://www.galciv2.com/Databanks.aspx

Society should come out in a lonnng time. A mass-multiplayer real-time strategy, and with graphics which were said to reach Age of Empires 3. Only those who pay a monthly fee will have access to such graphics though, as the ones getting the game for free will only be lured to pay for the goodies

Still, it looks like it is potential in-depth strategy for everyone, paying or not, especially with the inclusion of "empires" (kind of guilds).
        Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

Thanks Dan for giving the budding Apolyton GalCiv2 community a home!!
          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Thanks vovan

True, I felt a bit awkward when I made the connection that the two games were different...
            -->Visit CGN!
            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Neat. A new forum.

I'm not really sure that a new one was needed though as the original GC could have probably contained all of the GC2 discussion without too much trouble?
              anyway.

Comment

cool stuff!
                i never played galciv 1 (should i?) but i do like the looks of this one
                - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Will there be a playable demo available? I just can't stand to purchase a game anymore without a playable demo to check it out. Bought too much garbage with my last few games.

Comment

Stardock generally puts a demo out after the game is already available.
                    Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

Working...
                    X