Galactic Civilizations 2 beta has launched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galactic Civilizations 2 beta has launched

I have already downloaded and installed it. Obviously a lot of features aren't in yet, but it looks kinda cool nonetheless.

I like the fact that the main map is 3D with all planets and stars present. You actually see them revolving around each other, like true celestial objects. Very cool.

Gameplaywise there is nothing much to report yet, as Beta 1 isn't about gameplay, but about stability - e.g. minimizing the number of CTD's.

Asmodean
    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

What's CTD's?
    Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

Originally posted by Trifna
      What's CTD's?
      CTD = Crash To Desktop

Asmodean
      Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Ahhhhhh... I am now enlightened. Thought it would be Crash To Derby Blessed be the Voltaire of TBS.
        Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

I don't like the fact that the main map is 3D with all planets and stars present since it won't display and immediately crash on my computer. But then if I could find a driver that would accept installing itself for my video card, it would help.
          Clash of Civilization team member
          (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
          web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Originally posted by LDiCesare
            I don't like the fact that the main map is 3D with all planets and stars present since it won't display and immediately crash on my computer. But then if I could find a driver that would accept installing itself for my video card, it would help.
            A new video card that meets the requirements for GalCiv2 + most TBS and other strategy games would set you back what?? 75 euros at most??

Asmodean

Comment

Working...
            X