Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GalCiv 2 beta very near

From the Galciv 2 website

We're about one-week away from the first BETA. It's going to mainly be about figuring out what % of systems currently out there blow up on loading it (don't worry, we don't really mean blow up, it's more of an explosion type scenario ). But it'll give players a chance to check out what we're doing and let us know what works and doesn't work and what direction they'd like to go.

Anyone who has an active TotalGaming.net subscription OR has pre-ordered Galactic Civilizations II will get the beta. However, the day AFTER the beta, new peole joining will go back to pre-ordering until Beta 2.

Incidentally, DesktopX 3 was released today which is what we used to design the UI. It doesn't just let people change the look of the UI, you can move everything around, resize, etc. with it. So if you don't like the way we've done the graphics, you can change them yourself.
    I'm looking forward to this. I know that the beta isn't much when compared to how the finished game will be (Stardock's betas is similar to most other developer's alphas]. But it will give us a feel for what is in store for us.

Starbases are not in this beta, but they will be added later, and the graphics are probably not the best yet, either. But all in all, next week will be one of the more exciting in gaming this year.

Asmodean
    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

This is great news. I pre-ordered today.
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Working...
    X