Question About Planetary Quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question About Planetary Quality

OK, I just got this game for xmas and have been delightedly obsessed since. Immediatly bought Altarian Prophesy.

Anyway - does every upgrade in planetary quality result in benefits, or just those that seem to change the classification and icons of planets? You know, like how pq 15 planets look different on the planet display from pq 16 & 17, which look different from 18 & 19 pq's, while 20 - 25 and 26+ look all purply and purty? Is there a benefit for going, say from a pq in which the planet icon does not change (16 to 17 for example) or is the only benefit realized when the pq increase causes the planet icon and vieww to change? I think there is, that its all just eye candy.
    "Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you." No they don't! They're just nerve stapled.

i like ibble blibble

Higher quality creates a higher population growth, and I think it may effect morale or even production aswell.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

yeah - i used to be all about production improvements first and foremost. manufacturing center, fusion plant - the devil with morale, i'd fix that whewn i had the production. but with this game improving pq helps with everything else. morale is directly affected while production and research are indirectly improved as a result of the higher population attainable. i'll have to pay closer attention, but i think now that every improvement in planet quality results in improvements regardless of the way the planets appear.
      "Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you." No they don't! They're just nerve stapled.

i like ibble blibble

Comment

There's enough difference between PQ 16 and 17 to make it very worthwhile to increase. The most drastci changes are from 12 tp 13, 13 to 14 and 14 to 15, but +1 PQ is always worth a lot. For sub-13 PQ planets cost money to maintain, so you would better not go there unless you can beef them up.
        Clash of Civilization team member
        (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
        web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

yeah - thats why i am so addicted to +5 or +7 pq.

i like ibble blibble

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd
            Higher quality creates a higher population growth...
            Nice to know this forum is still alive! I don't wish to go too much off topic, but there was mention earlier of population growth in connection with planetary quality. I'd appreciate some general tips on looking after my population, PQ or otherwise.

Comment

Population increases based on morale. If you're less than (something like) 60, you don't grow. Anywhere up to 99, you grow. At 100 morale, you grow twice as fast.
              Since high PQ planets allow a higher population before morale drops, they grow faster, and can maintain more population.
              Clash of Civilization team member
              (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
              web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Working...
              X