Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question: What's your favorite strategy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: What's your favorite strategy?

Me, It's being financially dominant. If you have money, you can cease any war (bribes) get any planet or ship (bribes again) and destabalize and spy to your hearts content.

Hmmm...At what cost do you accumulate the neccesary funds? What social buildings do you consider essential to build under your strategy? Is their a minimum amount of military that you have standing by? Or do you just go straight for cash only?
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

I usually go for it at 5000+ BC, then I make 'em alllll happy then strip mine 'em.

Comment

I wonder how much a planet costs in the versions >= 1.10? I even doubt thet it is possible to buy such things ... I found an interesting (and a bit obvious) way to get resources and described it in the "Hi" thread in this forum. My last strat is described there too.
        I don't think that there's a way to dominate econimically an incredible opponent. They seem to get twice as much than me from a planet in spite of me having a +300% on economic scale (from resources, wonders, etc).
        Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Comment

Incredibles get big boosts on PQ (which increases revenue out of itself and by a side effect ) and econ.

My preferred strategy is to trade with a good race, trade techs, avoid building military as much as I can, give in to bribes, ally myself to the big good guys and let them exterminate the evil aliens. I'll usually help them by sending AMMs and transports if on a big enough map. Anti matter missiles are the best weapon by far. Researching anything military beyond dreadnoughts is quite useless.
          Clash of Civilization team member
          (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
          web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

I have 2 questions about the GC Writer: 1, how do I make Pol party icons and, 2, how do I use normal pictures for anomalies and events? I save them into .PCX format and they are the same size as the ones that come with the game but when I them, there is a black screen instead of a pic.

Comment

Can anyone explain to me how to use that stupid Ship Encoder? I don't get it at all. Anyway, heres the link to it. I f you can figure out how to use it, plese, tell me. Also can anyone please post the file for the DeathKnight ship, so I can get it on my comp? http://storage.stardock.com/files/gc...der_040803.zip

Comment

Working...
              X