Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game will not load, help please.

Hey Everyone,

I received Galactic Civilizations for a Christmas gift and am having a serious problem. The game will not finish loading. It starts to load, the movie for the developer starts and then it freezes. I moved that movie to a different folder to see if that was causing the problem, but it still froze on the second movie (I guess the developer little tidbid). Moved that movie as well and still didn't work, then it froze at what I am guessing is the intro screen.

I am using the following:
    Windows ME
    Athlon 1.2 Ghz
    512 RAM
    GeForce 3 Ti200, not sure of which driver set, but had to reformat HD in November and downloaded newest drivers then.

I have uploaded the 1.1 expansion pack and still no help. Anyone have any ideas of what I can do? Troubleshooting info? What else would someone need to know to help diagnose my problem?

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.

This is from my readme file and the latest version(1.13) of Galciv.

## Sound related problems ##
    Our internal testing found some specific areas where the game can crash. Here are the scenarios:
    1) If you are running Windows 98 or Windows ME, make sure you have sound acceleration enabled.
    2) Make sure you are not using the DEBUG version of DirectX 8 or 9.
    3) Make sure you have the latest sound drivers

I'd try checking to make sure none of these are you prob to start with. You might even try to uninstall and start over with a fresh install of the game...never know, could be something didn't install properly the first try.

Good luck

Comment

Still not working

<<## Sound related problems ##
      Our internal testing found some specific areas where the game can crash. Here are the scenarios:
      1) If you are running Windows 98 or Windows ME, make sure you have sound acceleration enabled.
      2) Make sure you are not using the DEBUG version of DirectX 8 or 9.
      3) Make sure you have the latest sound drivers>>

I tried the above and nothing worked. I already have Sound Acceleration enabled; I am not using hte DEBUG version of DirectX 8 or 9 and have updated Sound Drives.

I actually had the same problem with the demo, so I'm sure it's not an installation problem.

Oh, and I have to reboot because the system locks up (the mouse pointer will move, but ALT-TAB and CNTL-ALT-DELETE do not work).

Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks again.

Comment

"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Working...
        X