About The Expansion Pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About The Expansion Pack

I thought of some features that id appreciate to see in the next anticipated expansion pack including: ability to gain ability pts by assimilating minor race, ability to enhance ship stats by buying parts, ability to gain starbase bonuses with alliance and ability to improve ur charisma further by having more contacts with other race.

Go post it on the Expansion sticky thread on galciv.com forums. Stardock does read all the suggestions and you never know.

Comment

Has anyone seen the release date for it? I thought it was mid-June but haven't seen anything about it around SDC.

Comment

maybe they didn't expect that the developpement process of the expansion pack could be extended further, due to the lack of testers in their departement. Anyway, we can be sure that there will be less patches than if they decided to releash it today.

Comment

Patches are fine with me. Each patch just makes it that much better. I don't understand how releasing the expansion pack sooner would mean less patches, though.

Comment

Expansion pack isn't in beta yet, they just released 1.05 to fix metaverse issues and it actually has some of the expansion pack "enhanced" governor code in it so thye are working on it. I believe it has been posted a few times on the Gal Civ site that the beta will start sometime in June and run through the whole summer. I would expect release of the Exansion Pack maybe August/Sept at the earliest. Plus it's free. There is an expansion sticky on the Gal Civ forum with tons of info.

Comment

I haven't been over there in awhile. Between you and Ellestar I can see most everything important over here.

Comment

I wonder if they are working on to make gal civ 2, a better 3d engine with an active 3d animated background would be awesome and welcomed

Comment

Originally posted by The Aerain
                  I wonder if they are working on to make gal civ 2, a better 3d engine with an active 3d animated background would be awesome and welcomed
                  Maybe in 2 or 3 years if Gal Civ does well enough.

Comment

Yeah, i hope so because a 3d engine with a dynamic 3d background with layers and a extremely well done zoming program is extremely difficult to make. Anyway with the $ they made with Gal Civ already i am pretty sure they would consider on making a sequel.

Comment

Btw i wonder why everyone has the same tech and units and why a minor race from another galaxy would only bring out a colony ship with some cash.

Comment

I just thought of some change that could be added for a further improved gameplay

- New Ship Stat : stealth.
                        - New Configurations : [] space ship genre : stealth based, fire power
                        based, speed based, resistance based.
                        [] technologie genre : war based, economy based, morale based, influence
                        based.
                        - New Galactic Features : nebulas, asteroid belts, worm holes, star gates,
                        comets (moving).
                        - Graphic Enhancements : ship in orbit, ship upgrade, starbase type, layers
                        perspective.
                        - Unit Technologies : alloy, fire power, reactor, shield, special (piercing
                        projectile, reflecting shield).
                        - Spy Options : steal technologies, steal money, sabotage, corrupt senat,
                        kill leader (expensive).
                        - Trade Blockades
                        - Mining Colonies
                        - Event Preference Configuration
                        - Planetary Immigration
                        - Space Pirates
                        - Technology Based Events
                        - Make Unique Technology Untradable
                        - Technology Gain Based on Events (unique ship or improvement)
                        - Plagues (stop trading with the affected race to avoid this)

Comment

Well, here's a few other suggestions

-Map Editor (With Scenario Builder Capabilities [the ability to set objectives])
                          -Campaign Game

This way there would be more of a sense of accomplishment and replayability about the game
                          -->Visit CGN!
                          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Campaigns would definitely be a nice addition. It kept AoE2 going for me long after I would have moved it to the dustbin.

Comment

And it would really create a modding community because we all know how many talented CTP2 and Civ II/III Modders we have here

it might persuade some of them to buy another 'space civ' game... once that, unlike alpha centauri... would be EASY to create a scenario for
                              -->Visit CGN!
                              -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Working...
                              X