Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The rightfull successor to MOO2!

Hiya!

No matter what folks say, THIS is the game I was expecting when I buy MOO3! MOO3 look to be a nice game, a little like a Europa Universalis, nice in my library because I will never care to stop playing and start working to understand the game! :P

Anyway, Very very SWEET game!

Here is my first game experience for folks that might enjoy (after a test stuff trial(not a game) for a few hours at fool level)

Sub-Normal for all computer, hey, my first game, I want to win it no matter what! :P Then I can use some dowright beating!

I Choose the Techies, I put + 1 speed and +30% in economy with the 10 points.

I "cheat" on my first game and we could say I just start with a good start! :P I told, I wanna win it, the first time, better win, after, would love all challenge.

My main mistake so far was to never change the % of military/social/research, should have play with it on a turn basic...the first 2 turns I buy colony ships (1 full cash paid, 1 mitrosofted buyed)...

Strategical positioning, I have the upper right corner down to middle because of my cheating, no computer at all in that corner and some decent systems, nothing extraordinary.

Strategy: I am a peacefull nation, want peace for all, bring enlightment and I must be carefull to not reach 100% in the influence winning at time closing on it...(esc show the % in each).

I have always a HUGE lead on techs over others nations, and trading my techs for stuff they developp seem to work VERY nicely, especially that I never trade my tech oriented or advanced trade to keep edge...don`t trade Drive stuff before you are done with colonisation as well, but that is not that long to be done...

I was lucky, my closest neighbor was the Altarians and even if they see me as weak military, I was a peacefull nation and althought I was scarred of been attack with a few moves he did, he never do me anything wrong beside stealing a few ressources before I land a constructor on them...

Then I connect also with the Arcean and the Drengin which where on both corners while Altarians where in the middle (the Eti-like chaotic good race is in opposite corner)...for some reasons the Arcean and the Yor where at war and it keep them both busy for a long time till the Arcean assimilate the Yor.

The connecting to the Drengin was prolly my savior as the fleets of the Altarians completely left the stars near me and go directly toward the evil breeders...at first the Altarians where experiencing defeat over defeat over defeats (not losing systems yet, they where passing from attackers to defenders)...

During this time I trade techs, I was never discovering militaries tech, but I was always selling them to everyone! This seem to cripple every computer a lot as they pay me a LOT of BC and focus they revenues on those and all techs I will sell...

When it appear to me that the Altarians would lose and they where "close" to my empire, I didn`t want a border with a evil drengin empire, so I just give Altarians like 10 techs so he can have more techs then his enemy...and the Eti-like race just declare war on drengins...

Pretty much over then, the Drengins military was crushed and there we are...

The Arcean are way to behind on every topic including economic which seem to be their strong point, and even if I have a little to few military ships before, now I have quite a few, enought to have the highest rating, damn those little rocks add quite a few useless corvette, still nice to ward off intends of conquests! :P

Sorry I must be boring, anyway, here is the info if anyone wanna read.

Ano

PS: I would be still playing EQ if not for the fact they lack some new levels/AA
    Last edited by anofalye; June 12, 2003, 06:03.

I agree. What's EQ?

Comment

EQ = Everquest, a MMORPG
      very addictive, stay far, far away!

I'm playing on normal difficulty and I try to keep my military sufficient for defensive purposes only, except during wars. Usually I have a large tech and economic lead and bribe the other civs into fighting my wars for me. In my experience the Torians are the most pacifist civ; sometimes the Altairans make demands when their military is much stronger than yours.

Comment

*giggles*

*giggles* Yup, EQ = very addictive, but when you have 65 levels and 545 AA and don`t wanna raid, you pretty much beat whatever the game have for you! :P

Yup yup, Eti(Torian) are very peacefull and you cannot pay them to make war on Altarians! I somewhat doubt the Altarians would attack a ver good civilisation if they have a lot of trade income from them no matter what! :P

Btw, when you reach a Federation, I solve all the morales issues by making transports...for some reasons it have no maintenance cost(perfect), remove the population and improve the morale back, it have some military value and will impress the others nations and it can always come back handy as scout or invading troops or to keep computer forces busy running on them while you crush his fleets!

In Transports we trust!

I win easily that previous game(Altarians star system join me with like no efforts while I crush the Arcean when they attack eti forces(torian)) and 2 others at regular level, now on with new levels.

Is it me or the Yor are ALWAYS crushed at a relative early stage(by another computer force I mean, even the Eti crushed them once, I mean, they look like they are always been crushed)?

Ano

Comment

Working...
        X