Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We are losing 1st place on the metaverse!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are losing 1st place on the metaverse!

Any plans? Suggestions?
    Knowledge is Power

I dropped from four hundred points to one-ten after the recompute. My personal answer is turn in better games. Maybe we could get Poly to pass out temporary awards on a weekly basis depending on scores that are turned in. It would get more people into playing. Plus, being number one is good advertising for Apolyton's site.

Comment

I have some giant / huge games I'm finishing up, so hopefully they count more than the smaller universe games.

Those games are hard to get motivated to finish, because I'm in that state where I'm untouchable. (only one with Avatar technology, and I have a monopoly on all resources in the galaxy), but haven't quite yet finished off everybody.
      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

If you have such a commanding lead, how come the rest haven't surrendered to you?

I like it when the pooter knows it's beat and gives up, cuts down the boring sweeping up.
        While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

You can easily be winning on a huge/giant map and still have to go through the motions of waiting 20+ turns to get your ships into the right position to clean it up. The computer AI is better on the later releases about folding when it's really outnumbered and beat down, but even still it can be a chore to get to that point. It would be nice (if this is possible) to have some of the mid game techs that increase speed by +10 have a greater effect on larger sized maps; that would tend to help the end game considerably.

As far as the metaverse goes, as of right now we're barely in the #1 slot again. The last couple of releases definitely kicked the difficulty up again, so there's definitely more work to be done to get back to beating the higher difficutly levels handily. So much fun...

Comment

the best thing is to buy all of their defending ships in a sector, invade immediately, have peace then sell useless and outdated ships to them, after some turn when their in debt u ask them for tributes, blow up their ship, have peace then buy all of their defending ship again, control 1 of their colonie having trade routes with them, then they will be giving u tributes sometimes.

Comment

ahhh i meant after they manage to be out of debts

Comment

Originally posted by vee4473
                If you have such a commanding lead, how come the rest haven't surrendered to you?

I like it when the pooter knows it's beat and gives up, cuts down the boring sweeping up.
                They finally culture flipped. Cleaning out big galaxies can be pretty slow.
                When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Working...
                X