Do you roleplay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you roleplay?

When I play, I don't decide "I'm going to be good" and then methodically pick the good options in events. I think about what I would choose in real life and choose it. I ask because the AI seems (as far as I can tell) to respond to events with the former strategy. Does everyone else do things like I do?

I do the same thing, which makes me stay neutral. I don't want to become evil, but I always wince when I look at the good choices.

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
      but I always wince when I look at the good choices.
      Same here, especially those damn worms that are about to take your planetary quality down by 37%.
      - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
      - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
      - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Originally posted by The Templar
        Same here, especially those damn worms that are about to take your planetary quality down by 37%.
        Yup, I only get those on planets with a PQ so low that the good choice would make them barely inhabitable at best, or on my best (PQ 20+) discoveries, where it would hurt the most.. And yet, if I choose evil for the worms/life force, and good for everything else, I still wind up evil.

I usually go in planning to play good, maybe neutral, but keeping my eyes open in case theres a good reason to play evil. If I turn on random alignments, I almost never get an alien civ that is good. The first time I did that, I was in a galaxy with one neutral, two chaotic evil, and two pure evil races. As soon as I figured that out, I realized that there was no payout for playing good in that universe (except for Trade Centers) and became the most evil of all

Comment

Originally posted by Eric S
          I usually go in planning to play good, maybe neutral, but keeping my eyes open in case theres a good reason to play evil. If I turn on random alignments, I almost never get an alien civ that is good. The first time I did that, I was in a galaxy with one neutral, two chaotic evil, and two pure evil races. As soon as I figured that out, I realized that there was no payout for playing good in that universe (except for Trade Centers) and became the most evil of all
          Actually, being good in a universe of evil still raises the chance that hopeless civs surrender to you.
          - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
          - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
          - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Working...
          X