trade routes, starbases and such

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trade routes, starbases and such

How can I place a starbase on a trade route and get bonuses. Is there anything that will tell that this starbase is on a trade route?

How can I protect my freighters? Do I need ships in each sector?

How can I keep "companies" from shutting down trade routes?

When I am in the diplomacy screen, is there any point where the race I am trying to bargain with will make a counter offer?

What are influence points worth for trade? just a ball park figure.

Are trade goods really worth anything?

Has any tried lowering taxes right before elections the raising them right after?
    What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
    What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Re: trade routes, starbases and such

How can I place a starbase on a trade route and get bonuses. Is there anything that will tell that this starbase is on a trade route?

In your government screen, the Trade tab, you will see a general idea of where your trade routes are. However, what counts is that little ship and where it goes. Just watch where it goes and that is the trade route. Build starbases in those sectors with the trade modules and you are all set. Don't foget about the sector the trade route begins in either.

Basically keep war away from the sector or close sectors. Other wars you aren't involved in can also cause this if it's close to the trade route.

When I am in the diplomacy screen, is there any point where the race I am trying to bargain with will make a counter offer?

Not that I have seen.

Depends how badly you need them. If a UP vote is coming up and you want more votes, trade for 'em.

Depends if you need the bonus it gives. Gravity Accelerators or Diplomatic Translators? Worth every penny if you need them. I want them every time. Aphrodisiac? Maybe not so much if you don't want to grow faster. I think you get the idea.

Good luck!

Comment

Re: trade routes, starbases and such

The trade part of your economic page will show lines where your trade routes go.

I don't bother, if I am at war with somebody I hunt down their ships anyway.

As far as I know you can't that's when the other civ decides to end the trade route

No.

No idea

Oh yeah. My favorite is gravity acceleraters. +2 movement on everything rocks!

Has any tried lowering taxes right before elections the raising them right after?

No because I have never lost an election
      Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

It takes time for a tax decrease to have a positive morale increase. You'd have to do some pretty slick planning to have this work out and not bankrupt yourself in the process.

Comment

are you sure about that. I checked last night. Your popularity rating changes with your tax rate. I won elections when my popularity rating was low 3 months before the election then i lowered taxes a month or 2 before and was good to go.
          What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
          What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

Trade - My 2nd post

Morale - it changes immediately
            Knowledge is Power

Comment

yeah replace popularity with morale and i carry the elections

Comment

I guess I never noticed.

Comment

Actually, the trade map is slightly incorrect. What matters is the small trade ships. You get a bonus from the starbase when the trade ship is in the same sector as the starbase. Considering the ships don't usually go the same way in and out bound, that makes it tricky to put starbases in the middle of a long diagonal route.

You need ships around each freighter if you really want to protect them. Keeping enemies far is usually better. Choosing trade routes that will be hard to attack (far from enemies) is also efficient.

Destroy the ships that disrupt the trade route. Otherwise, you can't do much.

UP votes.

They can win you the game easily. If you get all the trade goods and sell them all (except maybe diplomatic translators) to everyone, you will have MANY techs, money, and ships offered in exchange. Remember "trade" in trade good. Plus Gravity accelerators are definitely the trade good you want to have and you don't want others to have (unless they are your friends).

That works perfectly well. It is morally disgusting of course, but then...
                  Clash of Civilization team member
                  (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                  web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Working...
                  X