Minor civ list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor civ list

What minor races are there out there? What role do they play? Can anyone help me with this?

Minor races I've encountered so far ...

The I-League (How come they never disappear even after being eradicated?)
    The Carinoids
    The Alexians
    The Debians
    The Scottlingas (these guys always have plenty of money for some reason)
    The Fundamentalists (I could never figure out how they acquired Overlord technology in the game ahead of me when they only surfaced very late in the game)
    The Calor
    The Windischiel

Minor races I've heard about but have yet to meet ...

The Draginol
    The Dreadlords

Hostile races

The Belua (who are these buffoons who keep attacking me and where do they come from?)

Any other minor civs besides this?

Aside the ones you listed, I've also met the Kwilasians ( tend to become the I-League founder ), and the Vegans once. Another one also, don't remember exactly the name... like Adinans . But the 3 more common met in ALL my games so far are Carinoids, Alexians, Scottlingas.
    The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

Comment

Re: Minor civ list

Originally posted by civer3
      What minor races are there out there? What role do they play? Can anyone help me with this?

Minor races I've encountered so far ...

The I-League (How come they never disappear even after being eradicated?)
      The Calor
      The Belua
      The I-League never dies once the event creating them is triggered. As long as a planet suffers from crap morale it will be a target forever.

The Calor are the space terrorists, with all the wacky havoc they create through events that are triggered as long as they exist.

And the Belua are the Space Sharks that break out from time to time. Hope that helped!

Listing all the races that can show up and what they do is a pretty good idea. Hopefully more will be added here.
      A lie told often enough becomes the truth.
      -V. I. Lenin

Comment

Also Sanderans, Sanderons, Paridians, and Furan. Some commonly minor races start the game like Alexians, Carinoids, Scottlingas, Kwilasians - most of the others tend to appear later on, especially when playing on huge maps.

Comment

I have also seen the Venge.
          Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

I get the Winchersterians (sp?) from time to time.

Comment

The Yinonians aren't really a civ, but they'll occasionally pop up and either a) criticize your style of play until you go crazy or b) try to upload huge suggestion lists that choke your bandwidth and generally clutter your hard drive. The very fact that you can't attack them makes them perhaps the most lethal of all the minors in the game!
              I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

The I-League also seem to be immune to culture flipping. I had a maxed out culture starbases (party palaces and all) in two adjoining sectors. All of the Arcean systems in a third ajoining sector flipped to my control while a League system in that sector never did.

Anyone ever flip a League system?
                - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
                - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
                - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Okay ... here's the updated list.

The I-League (Kwilasians)
                  The Carinoids
                  The Alexians
                  The Debians
                  The Scottlingas
                  The Fundamentalists
                  The Calor
                  The Windischiel (noble race of warriors)
                  The Draginol
                  The Dreadlords
                  The Belua (Space Sharks that go around in Overlord starships!)
                  The Sanderans
                  The Sanderons
                  The Paridians
                  The Furan
                  The Venge/The Vegans
                  The Adinans
                  The YInoel

That's a total of 17 minor races. Stardock said tere would be 30 of them. So that leaves 13 more minor races.

Comment

I think the Arnor or something is supposed to be included in the expansion.
                    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

I don't think you can flip I-league planets. I had around 1200 influence in a sector once and flipped every alien civ planet in it but the I-league stood strong.

Comment

Originally posted by civer3
                        That's a total of 17 minor races. Stardock said tere would be 30 of them. So that leaves 13 more minor races.
                        I thought it was 31 races but that number includes major races (e.g. Torians, Yor etc.)
                        Unfairly Banned at Civfanatics twice...
                        To protest the war I am using the UN Flag - Howard has said most Australians are for the war so clearly I am not an Aussie.

Comment

Originally posted by The Templar
                          The I-League also seem to be immune to culture flipping. I had a maxed out culture starbases (party palaces and all) in two adjoining sectors. All of the Arcean systems in a third ajoining sector flipped to my control while a League system in that sector never did.

Anyone ever flip a League system?
                          I flipped one, over here:
                          <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                          Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

well, a small detail, but one encountered the Windischiel, another the Winchesterians, for my part it's the Windischians. Noble race of warriors ( that description shared with some others ). So maybe we can count at least 3 distinct races in the Win- group.

Comment

I ALWAYS meet the Alexians early-game for some reason.

Comment

Working...
                              X