Demo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demo?

Someone said a while back that a demo is coming. The site says nothing about it- anyone have any new info?

I did not try it but the SDC shows one for downloading.

Comment

Sorry if I'm being totally daft, but I can't find it anywhere. Could you point me to a link or something please?

Comment

Quoting the forums at www.galciv.com:

=====

by Avatar Frogboy - 3/24/2003 11:11:40 AM

There will be a demo of GalCiv but not until mid April. It's going to take some work to do it because we want to get the file size down to something manageable without it detracting too much from the game.

=====

#13 by Avatar Frogboy - 4/1/2003 9:00:41 PM

GalCiv is around 600 megs. Even getting it to 200 megs will take work and we want to get the demo down to 50 megs. Right now our development resources are focused on people who have already bought the game. But the demo should be done in a couple of weeks.

=====

So, there is no demo yet, but it should be coming around mid-april. (And in case somebody doesn't know, Frogboy = Brad Wardell = GalCiv's lead designer, so that's fairly official posts )

/unic

Comment

Pardon me as I no longer see that entry, either I was dreaming or it was a place holder and has been deleted.

Comment

Thanks to you both!

Comment

waiting for the demo it is then. i won't be able to play heavily until my exams are over in early may, so it's just as well. and maybe the price will drop by then too.

Comment

That's exactly where I am too

Comment

After the MOO3 experience I won't even consider this game until after I try a demo.
                  "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                  "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                  2004 Presidential Candidate
                  2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278
                    After the MOO3 experience I won't even consider this game until after I try a demo.
                    there's supposed to be a moo patch coming out today

Comment

Got it. Its more of a data patch (like a mod) than a code patch which will be later.
                      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                      2004 Presidential Candidate
                      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Working...
                      X