No announcement yet.

For all Fan of Moo-like!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This looks like a MOO3 clone with the Fallout 2 interface. Which could be good. From what I read, it looks like you can only be humans. If I got the game, I'd want to be that lizard-ape (Drengen?) in the last picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Atragon
      So? What's so wrong about transporting billions of soldiers, if they've got the entire planetary military defending, and don't want to nuke it from orbit, what other option do they have?
      Hmmm...
      did you see that sci-fi classic, "Invasion of the body snatchers"?

I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

I've read about GalCiv and seen most every screenshot. I have to say Moo3 will be better, even though Strategy First does normally get behind good games.

Comment

I feel tempted to take a bet. Still, let's not, lest Greek authorities clamp down on Markos for internet gambling...
          "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
          "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

I'm hoping they will both be extremely good. That way we get to play 2 great games
            To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
            H.Poincaré

Comment

Me too, I can not have too many good space 4x games.

Comment

Same for me

I am happy that they have enough different aspects to make them complementary. At the same time, they both have a lot of depth (Diplomacy, events, espionage).

this is cool.

All i need now, is 3 similar games with Star Trek (botf is still fun, but the ai isn't good enough), Star Wars (Rebellion looks awfull) and Babylon 5.
                This would be heaven and i would never buy any other game...
                "Give us peace in our time",

Stuart Adamson, singer from Big Country, 1958-2001.

Comment

Rebellion made me cry. I was not able to even get out of the tutorial phase. It was a very complex interface, the very thing that Moo3 was addressing by shrinking the number of screens needed to manage the game. I so wanted to like Rebellion and several of my friends tried it and gave it back. These were all gamers and all of us worked in the computers business as techers.

Comment

I actually played rebellion quite a lot for a while. There was an absolutely brillant game somewhere in there, struggling unsuccessfully to get out from under what must be the most tragic gaming interface ever.

Any game that let's me boss Darth Vader around can't be all bad, though
                    "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
                    "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Ah Rebellion. Nothing more fun then capturing Coursacant and the Emperor or destroying the Rebel HQ and capturing Mon Motha, only to have to search the whole ####ing galaxy for Vader or Luke. Half the game was spent sending scout units and Chewbacca always got fragged on espionage missions.

Comment

"You have not adequately supported me on my mission, and it has failed" - Emperor Palpatine

All too appropriate for the developers, I fear.
                        To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                        H.Poincaré

Comment

Grumbold how did you remember that?

Comment

Dusted it off not long ago in a fit of nostalgia. Then I rediscovered just how awful it was and uninstalled it again double quick.
                            H.Poincaré

Comment

That line triggered me to think of (IIRC) Star Control for the Sega Genesis.

"Launch Fighters"
                              "Launch Fighters"
                              "Launch Fighters"
                              "Launch Fighters"

Comment

I was just thinking about how cool a Star Control II mod for MOO3 would be. Unfortunately, I think they made it hard to mod, with odd art formats and such...

That would be pretty sweet, though, playing with all the SC2 races, and using their music for the diplomacy screens And I bet the SC people over at classicgaming.com would be willing to put in the work...
                                -Cherry

Comment

Working...
                                X