Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gal Civ II: Twilight of the Arnor is here!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gal Civ II: Twilight of the Arnor is here!

Stardock is pleased to announce the general availability of the second (and final) expansion pack to Galactic Civilizations II. The new expansion pack, Twilight of the Arnor, adds hundreds of new features, gives each civilization a unique technology tree, a unique set of planetary improvements, star base modules, ship parts, and more.

Moreover, with Twilight of the Arnor, Stardock went back and revamped the graphics for the game to bring them up to the state of the art. A new sound track has also been added along with updates to the computer AI. It also reintroduces the Terror Star, the ultimate weapon last seen in the original Galactic Civilizations as well as a new victory condition called Ascension. Online tournaments have also been added to allow people to compete at playing the same map and scenario and submit their scores to the GalCiv metaverse.

And finally, to keep the game evolving for years to come, Stardock includes a half dozen newly developed editors that will help modders and end users alike such as a map editor, scenario editor, campaign editor, tech editor, ship component editor, and much more.

The expansion pack is $29.95. It requires the previous expansion (Dark Avatar) to also be installed. New players can purchase the integrated "Ultimate Bundle" for $59.95 and get the entire Galactic Civilizations II saga.

http://www.galciv2.com/twilight/
    http://www.galciv2.com/

Is this one download only, or will there be a brick and mortar release?
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

It's through digital distribution right now. I don't know if there will be some kind of retail release in the future.
      http://www.galciv2.com/

Comment

YAYAYAYAY!!

I bought it last year already tho.. I like supporting good and creative developers

May your future ventures be prosperous!

Comment

Originally posted by Island Dog
          It's through digital distribution right now. I don't know if there will be some kind of retail release in the future.
          So if I buy through Stardock and pay for shipping, I'm getting a boxed product? I'm asking because it is charging for "retail box" shipping as opposed to cd only shipping that I paid for Dark Avatar.

Edit: Ok - so there is no box. Guess they just doubled their shipping rates.
          "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Just saw this. Awesome!
            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Working...
            X