A few questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few questions

1. How do I send a colony ship to a particular planet without physically finding the planet? (Playing in a gigantic galaxy and its hard to keep track of where that juicy planet is)

2. If I build a trade freighter on one planet, is it possible to send it to a higher pop planet of yours so the trade route will be from that planet?

3. How much does it cost to upgrade buildings? Not too sure why I care, just interested I guess.

2: No

Comment

2. Peets is right. This means you need to be thoughtful about where you build freighters and where you want them to go. Don't just randomly queue some up, actually consider the routes you want to establish, how well they line up with current/planned economic starbases, etc. It's not that big of a deal as long as you know how the system works and plan in advance. That said, it would be nice if functionality was added so that you can start a route from a different planet than the freighter was built.

3. I don't know the exact cost, but I'd estimate its 30-40% of the cost of constructing the building from scratch. Since building upgrades are added to the queue automatically, you usually don't have to worry about it unless you want to move things around in the queue.

Comment

1. Not sure what you're asking. Have you discovered this planet once already, and having trouble finding it again in the Gigantic map? Click on the "Saturn" icon at the bottom-left of the screen. You should get a pop-up window displaying either all your ships or a bunch of planets. Click on the "planets" tab, and then click on the "Unowned" tab. It's there, trust me. Then I would recommend sorting your planets by Class, and the juicy planet should be at the top. Click on that once or twice, the map will zoom to it.

2. Can't do that.

3. You pay at least the difference in cost. It might be a little more. For example (I don't have the Galactopedia in front of me), if a Basic Factory costs 40bc and a Factory costs 80bc, it will cost at least 80-40=40bc to build. It might be slightly more, meaning it's cheaper to build the Factory from scratch, and I wish I knew that.
        Fight chicken abortion! Boycott eggs!

Comment

Working...
        X