This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mart7x5
    BUG: minimap shows stars and ownership in unexplored space. That's probably not a feature. I can see empires right from the start
    Actually it's not a bug. According to the "story", everyone knows where everyone else is in the galaxy because of the old Star Gate system, but no details of where the planets are and such are known. That is the opening of the sandbox game.

Comment

I finished that game. It says I only lost four ships, but I'm sure I lost five. Does it not count Scouts? I lost one Scout on defense.

Can anybody explain to me how the Terrans are behind less than 400 points in Military Score?

The Metaverse screwed up my difficulty level rating and gave me no bonus multiplier for Suicidal, so I got a LOT less points for this than I expected to get. (I've seen Beginner games scoring 200k points!) I didn't do anything to milk the score, like sit around teching with the last AI down to one planet, farming more population and improving my Economy rating, but still. Only 100k points for this win?

I've seen the difficulty level info messed up for other Metaverse users, too, and heard other complaints. The really nasty thing is that when setting up the game itself, you can't get a correct reading on what the difficulty will be. (I'm SURE this was max, though. All AIs on Incredible, and during the game they certainly had massive economic bonuses etc).

I think I'll wait a while before I play again.

- Sirian

Comment

It would be nice to hear from some Stardock people. I'm not so sure that our reports are being read...

anyway. Another bug.

After my scout went through a wormhole I cannot move (manually) since I'm out of range. But when I turn Autoexplore on it starts exploring...

Comment

Originally posted by Daz
          It would be nice to hear from some Stardock people. I'm not so sure that our reports are being read...

anyway. Another bug.

After my scout went through a wormhole I cannot move (manually) since I'm out of range. But when I turn Autoexplore on it starts exploring...
          You can move if you set autopilot to a point in your own territory. Possible the autoexplore is actually doing that, heading back to your own territory.

Comment

Originally posted by bonscott

You can move if you set autopilot to a point in your own territory. Possible the autoexplore is actually doing that, heading back to your own territory.
            But thats not quite logical, isnt it?

Comment

Also, when a ship is near its range, when finding a path to another destination tile near the range limit the path can be found outside the limit (1 tile)
              minor bug, but still
              Mart
              Map creation contest
              WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

Originally posted by Daz

But thats not quite logical, isnt it?
                Why isn't that logical? If I were on an exploration mission, and transported far away by a wormhole, I'd head back toward known territory, while exploring the space in between. That seems really the obvious thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by DaviddesJ

Why isn't that logical? If I were on an exploration mission, and transported far away by a wormhole, I'd head back toward known territory, while exploring the space in between. That seems really the obvious thing to do.
                  I thought the range limitation was there because of the lack of fuel, not the lack of courage...

Comment

I have what was a stock Compaq Presario SR1230NX until last year I had a BFG GeForce 6200 graphics card installed. I doubt the specs will matter much though, because I just wanted to point out what nobody seems to have mentioned yet in all these discussions. The game apparently calls for custom race descriptions but does not allow any method for their input. I thought about simply redesigning one of the stock races, but my favorite mode is "huge everything, rare habitable planets, 9 intelligent races" so I don't like the thought of removing a featured race to make way for a mod based on my own race.

Given the "Please write a description for me!" notices when custom races are viewed at race selection, I figure it is a genuine bug that nobody allowed for an input method. Treat this as a feature suggestion instead if that message was meaningless and there is no data structure to accomodate custom race description text. In any case, I also noticed sometimes in dialogue I got a "[short name]" or some similar looking thing that was presumably a reference to a field where there should have been an occurence of my race's name. I suspect either the custom race input method also could benefit from another field for [short name] or the diplomatic dialogues need to be revised to eliminate attempts at invoking the non-existent field.

Regards,
                    Adam Weishaupt

P.S. Oh, while I'm at it, I have had two crashes to desktop since getting patched up to date. In both instances, the crashes occured when several things were happening at once (I had just ended a turn, lots of reports and dialogues were popping up, and I was wrestling for control of an errant vessel.) I think frantic clicking during a cluster of GNN reports, diplomatic overtures, and other notices is a problem, but since both happened in very chaotic moments of the game I lack the information to be more specific about this problem. Still, as a troubleshooter I would recommend trying to make spontaneous end of turn things more discrete (in case the root cause is something like a tech selection screen and an interracial negotiation screen coming into conflict) or simply ignoring all mouse clicks from end of turn until the crunch of between-turn processing is complete (sort of like broadening the "saving game" screen dimming and suspended interactivity features to occur briefly each and every turn during the crucial moment when frantic clicking can disrupt the software.) Save for those two instances when I was struggling to gain control of a vessel accidentally ordered in the wrong direction, I have not had any other crashes since the patch, even while multitasking robustly or playing multiple games with no reboot.

Comment

**** happens if you buy ship on shipyard and than switch starport production to cheaper ship.
                      money sqrt evil;
                      My literacy level are appalling.

Comment

The Summary screen for a planet shows the social projects on that planet, and their values, but the values aren't modified for the effects of resources in their spaces.

Comment

On the planet view, in the upper left-hand corner, is a small image of the planet, rotating. This spins incredibly fast for me---enough to make me dizzy just looking at it. I'm running at 2560x1600 with dual SLI video cards---maybe my graphics hardware is "too good"?

Comment

I've found a way to consistently crash to desktop, and I do it by accident way too often. When you get the summary at the beginning of a turn telling what was built, the top item is highlighted automatically. If you click it (un-selecting it) and then click "Go To", it crashes - clicking "Go To" with nothing selected always crashes my game.

I found one other problem, but maybe I'm misunderstanding the alliance system and it's not a bug. I had three allies. One of them asked me to fulfill my alliance obligation by joining them in a war, I did so. The second then told me they were going to honor the alliance and help me with the war. The third, however, did not. I assumed that he chose to break the alliance, but I checked diplomacy and he was still listed as my ally. I asked him if he would attack the enemy, and he said he was too busy, but two turns later he asked me to honor the alliance and go to war with someone he declared war on. I refused (since he did the same to me) and it broke the alliance and I took a relations hit.

Comment

save/load bug
                              You get one turn extra for moving your fleets, the rest pauzes for a turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Badtz Maru
                                I've found a way to consistently crash to desktop, and I do it by accident way too often. When you get the summary at the beginning of a turn telling what was built, the top item is highlighted automatically. If you click it (un-selecting it) and then click "Go To", it crashes - clicking "Go To" with nothing selected always crashes my game.
                                Strange, I've done that many times and I've never had a crash.
                                We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X