No announcement yet.

Why are you putting GalCiv aside?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see that Stardock has released an "Alpha" version of Galactic Civilisations IV with the intention of receiving and implementing player feedback. I also recalled this ancient thread which dates from before Galactic Civilisations II. When GalCiv2 was released I noticed it had quite a few of the suggestions mentioned in this thread. It seemed that Brad Wardell listened to player feedback and implemented suggestions made by Apolytoners (I can not be sure of that and he would be the only person that knows if he did).

Because of this I am thinking of buying the Alpha version of GalCiv4 and providing feedback. On the other hand I do not want to pay A$60 for an Alpha.

Do my fellow Apolytoners have an thoughts to share regarding whether one ought to participate in this Alpha release?

Comment

• As posted in the OT, enjoyed both GC 2 and then 3. Not taking part in the alpha GC IV, for a number of reasons (alpha pay, Epic Store requirement). But mostly also because I simply don't have the time for it.
      Blah

Comment

• I have never heard of Epic Store so when I was signing up I cancelled and did not buy. I had imagined I would be downloading from Stardock rather than an unknown third party. I decided to reconsider buying. Your comment has served to reinforce my decision to not buy the Alpha. Thank you.

Comment

• I have tried their demo, and I'm convinced that it's a waste tobuy this game. It is hideously unbalanced. You start out with an ability to explore the whole map and make contact with other civs, but you have no ability to trade or fight for a long time. Compared to the speed with which you explore research and construction proceeds at a snail's pace. There are other features that aren't well thought out.

Comment

Working...
          X