Controlled Colonies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controlled Colonies

I thought of some strat today, i was wondering how effective it was in real game situation, it's about protecting small mass of minor race in a given location, that way u can keep up with protected trade route (by giving some planets) and asking tributes, or tripple it by declaring war and offering peace, actually i have never tested that before can anyone help me out??

I protect minor races all the time by giving them ships and stuff to hold off the others. Especially if I have a lucurative trade route or two with them. I won't go to war to save them though.

Typically if a minor is about to fall to a major I move in with enough forces to take them first. No way I want another major to get a foothold near any of my sectors. If they are too far away, not much I can do unless I really planned ahead with some transports heading their way.

Comment

And...minor races buy your old techs like any other civilisation, which mean a LOT more money for you!

Don`t crush them, they are worth keeping up, they are no real danger...

Basically, finishing any civilisation is not worth it! Once you crush any empire, even the worst empire, leave him his last star system(in a sector where no ressources are), he will buy all your tech!

Of course if you have the message that it have the whatever item that improve with time and make them stronger and stronger, I didn`t dare and it is the only time I actually finish a race! I also believe finishing a race have a negative relation issue with all other races, so unless I feel I really need to finish him/her, I don`t. (carefull they tend to surrender to another, which you don`t want to happen, but leaving them that star system with only 1 planet aboe 15 and under 20(none above 20) seem all reasonable to me.

When you will sell Instant communication to all civilisations because you have a huge lead and don`t care anymore, it is 1 empire more to buy it, 1 safe trade route as well if you choose so...no reason to finish, and they are very obsequious and afraid to anger you even if they should have no reason to be. Of course, they can gang up with another in a heavy war...yet all the BC you gain from keeping them alive should outmatch the very little added forces.

Of course you will need to crush his starbases now that you didn`t finish him to take the ressources, yet, this is a detail if you ask me.

It should not required that much of work to make him accept an alliance after the peace treaty most of the time, yet, do you want to risk that for some reason his declare war on someone? LOL

Ano

Comment

What is that event about finding the Precursor thingy and getting more and more dangerous over time anyway? I didn't understand that. My impression is it gives them production bonuses, in which case...who cares....
        Fight chicken abortion! Boycott eggs!

Comment

It gives bonuses every turn just like finding bonuses with your scouts at the beginning of the game. It becomes incredibly powerful over time as these are permanent and cumulative.

Comment

Working...
          X