Finally in Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally in Europe

Heads up, fellow Euros who've been waiting for a store release!

Well, seems the distributors finally got their thumbs out and managed to get the game to stores over here. At $55, it's a bit steep, but I was happy to snag it off the shelf nevertheless.

Now, if you excuse me, I'm off to install!
    "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
    "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

The boxed game is still impossible to obtain in France (to the exception of Paris I suppose)...
    "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Tamerlin, I thought you had high speed connection? I can check next week if it's available in Paris if you like? If so, it shouldn't be long before it reaches the rugby european champions' city. Or you can order by mail, but I'd rather download (actually, I downloaded) if you have ADSL.
      Clash of Civilization team member
      (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
      web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Hi LDiCesare, I have a 128ko ADSL not the usual 512Ko, I am usually downloading 1Mo a minute... a long but feasible process...

But when I buy a game at full price I like having a printed manual... I have asked the various shops of Toulouse and none of them are importing games, to the exception of the highly commercial so called real time strategy games like Star wars and so on...

And yes we are European champions...
        "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Re: Finally in Europe

Originally posted by moomin
          Heads up, fellow Euros who've been waiting for a store release!

Well, seems the distributors finally got their thumbs out and managed to get the game to stores over here. At $55, it's a bit steep, but I was happy to snag it off the shelf nevertheless.

Now, if you excuse me, I'm off to install!
          You lucky Europeans, pity us Australians who won't have it for (let me guess) 6 Months

EDIT: How very stupid of me, I post this and after a couple of days the galciv page announces it has been released in Australia!!! YAY
          Unfairly Banned at Civfanatics twice...
          To protest the war I am using the UN Flag - Howard has said most Australians are for the war so clearly I am not an Aussie.

Comment

Does anybody know something about availability in The Netherlands? I've already asked in a few shops if they know anything about it, but they say they have never heard about it. I don't think this is a good sign.

Comment

Hi LDiCesare, I have a 128ko ADSL not the usual 512Ko, I am usually downloading 1Mo a minute... a long but feasible process...
              I have 128ko too and that worked quite well .
              I'm sorry I didn't check availability in Paris (couldn't really take some free time for it because of the *#@!* strikes)
              web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Don't worry LDiCesare, I will certainly end up downloading the game in the weeks to come...

I am sorry about the delay of my reply but I am not receiving any emails to warn me when someone posts a reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Tamerlin
                  I am sorry about the delay of my reply but I am not receiving any emails to warn me when someone posts a reply.
                  Weird, the Civfanatics message board has the same problem at the moment - does anyone here know what's going on (no-one at CFC seems to)
                  To protest the war I am using the UN Flag - Howard has said most Australians are for the war so clearly I am not an Aussie.

Comment

I don't know Elden, but I am receiving emails from some threads and not from others.

Comment

The boxed game is still impossible to obtain in France (to the exception of Paris I suppose)...
                      The rest of France is unimportant. Bow to your master city.

Comment

Originally posted by GP

The rest of France is unimportant. Bow to your master city.

I agree with you, to my eyes Toulouse is the most beautiful city in the world (totally unbiased opinion of course )...

But still no GalCiv in the area...

Comment

Re: Re: Finally in Europe

Originally posted by Elden
                          How very stupid of me, I post this and after a couple of days the galciv page announces it has been released in Australia!!! YAY
                          I've got it, it rocks !!!

Comment

I agree with you, to my eyes Toulouse is the most beautiful city in the world (totally unbiased opinion of course )...

But still no GalCiv in the area...

Just travel to Paris. Country bumpkin.

Comment

Just travel to Paris. Country bumpkin.
                              Don't listen to him, Tamerlin. The game is still unheard of in the capital.

Comment

Working...
                              X