No announcement yet.

Tropico 4 = Tropico 3.25, which = ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm currently downloading Tropico 4. I figure I'll give it a try.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I've only played the tutorial and part of one game but I have to admit I'm finding it hard to get into this game.

Comment

That's why you're supposed to play the demo. Tropico is mad boring past an hour or so.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

You are both horrible people.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
            You are both horrible people.
            I guess Tropico is fun if you're into that sort of thing.
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I guess part of my first game was I just had never played the game before so there was a learning curve. Like I kept getting messages that my people were dying from starvation so I kept building farms & ranches but I was putting them too close together (I thought a farm was self sufficent where as it really needs land around it in order to produce food) plus you need store or restaurants to distribute the food other wise if it isn't in walking distance your pops will just sit there and starve, which is retarded. Lastly, I didn't understand the importance of teamsters because I built mines, logging camps, and other economic things all over the place but my exports were always zero. I did better in my second game, got to a population of 1500, but that still seems rather low to me and kind of not worth the effort. I mean why do I need five schools, three hospitals, numerous clinics, and godless numbers of churches to make people happy even though my population is tiny? Can't the lazy ***** walk a block to get to church?

Comment

Is enough different about 4 from 3 to justify the purchase? The first two were awesome, but something about 3 just didnt quite click right.

Comment

The demo of 4 is almost exactly the same as the demo of 3. They added a few edicts, a parliament system for tasks, and different powers (there's Europeans and an Arab League to get tasks from as well) but it's still the same game.

I've said it before about Guynemer's 'must-buy' opinions on games... if you're not making freaking doctor money*, it's not worth it.

*Guy will say he doesn't make as much as other doctors, but whatever.

Comment

I take it back about 3, this thread inspired me to reinstall it and I've been hooked since.

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                      Is enough different about 4 from 3 to justify the purchase? The first two were awesome, but something about 3 just didnt quite click right.
                      I never played 3 so I can't say how different it is from 4. I'm currently trying some of the different maps.

Comment

4 is on sale on Steam right NOW!!! So is Recettar, which is really hard to resist.
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I just bought it last light from amazon's digital downloads for 5 bucks!

Comment

I got it from Steam...
                            the best improvement over Tropico 3 definitely is,
                            that destroyed structures (by natural disasters) now don´t just vanish into a pile of rubble
                            but instead leave behind a flag (which, by clicking on it, enables you to order the rebuilding of the structure),
                            the 2nd best definitely are the imports ... no worrying anymore about having too few farms/ranches,
                            as long as you put enough money into your port, to import food
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Tropico 4 is on sale on Steam again, about £6. I bought it this time and spent all Sunday on it, got a couple of missions done. I had no idea what traits to choose so kept choosing random, and I have a feeling this is gonna come back to bite me in the later missions, if you need upgraded traits.
                              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                              CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                              One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Working...
                              X