No announcement yet.

Nintendo announces its new console "companion": Wii U

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's supposed to be a lot more comfortable than it looks. Honestly, I don't buy nintendo consoles for the gimmicks, I buy them because I love zelda and metroid games.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

If you stopped buying ****ty Nintendo consoles for Zelda/Metroid games, they'd become a third party software company like they should.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

The nintendo DS is quality stuff though.

Comment

Sure, if you like retro gaming. Gaming handhelds are dead. Just look at 3DS sales...

80K last month in the entire US?
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
            Sure, if you like retro gaming. Gaming handhelds are dead. Just look at 3DS sales...

80K last month in the entire US?
            I think it's more like the DS, which did incredible well, saturated the market. The 3DS is just a slightly more powerful DS with gimmicks(3D). Why should a person who owns a DS buy a 3DS?
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Why would anyone buy a DS/NGP/Vita/DSi/3DS when there are iPads, iPhones, etc?

The market has spoken.

Nintendo should've signed some kind of promotional/exclusivity with Apple.

Comment

What is so great about iPads and iPhones?

Comment

I don't see the appeal for gaming, but I never did for the DS either.

Comment

You're also not the target demographic. This stuff is aimed at people younger than me.

Comment

I don't know if 8 year olds are the main iPad/iPhone gamer.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                        I don't see the appeal for gaming, but I never did for the DS either.
                        DS fits in your pocket and is great for long car rides. And the battery life is better than a phone or tablet.
                        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

The Wii U has bombed spectacularly. As predicted.

Comment

WOW FALSE FALSE FALSE WILL RESPOND WHEN I GET OFF TEH TOILET :ANGRY: :ANGRY:

SENT FROM MY IPAD

Comment

FIRST OF ALL LET'S NOT PRETEND YOU DON'T KNOW THAT WIIU SALES JUMPED PERSPICASIOUSLY WHEN THE XBOX ONE WAS REVILED TO BE A TALKING-ACTIVATED CABLE BOX. You live in denial but the fact is PEOPLE ARE COMING AROUND TO THE WIIU , AND THE XBOX ONE IS THE NEW WHIPPING BOY.

I OWN A WIIU, so please don't pretend this isn't personal. It is, hockey twink, and let's just establish here and now that the tenor of my language is entirely your fault.

THE BEST EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD IN A GAME IN MY LIFE HAS BEEN WITH NINTENDOLAND -- AND I GOT IT FREE WITH MY $350 WII. Nintendoland enables FOUR NON GAMERS to chase ONE GAMER WITH THE GAMERPAD (MARIO) around levels, and they loudly communicate in boisterous fashion to find and tackle MARIO BEFORE TIME RUNS OUT. A similar game is playable in Luigi's mansion at night.

I JUST WANT TO RECOUNT HOW THIS HAPPENED, MY GIRLFRIEND AT THE TIME (who I have since dumped because she's mentally impaired in the sense that she actually has ADD and I hope she is hit by a bus that drives as fast as she speaks) wanted to play "one of those games you have" / as she pointed to my schlong-sized library - and I said LET'S DO NEINTENDO LAND, I HAVEN'T TRIED IT YET. That was a lie; I had played it, but wanted to make her feel like she isn't a retarded mental case, which, again, she is. She picks up the controller ("OH THIS ISN'T INTIMIDATING AT ALL," she moaned, "THIS IS JUST LIKE A TV REMOTE!") and instantly gripped it like an ERECT PENIS, massaging her finger over the two buttons like they were a dude's balls. Within seconds she was playing the game fairly well, running around trying to find me, Mario, as I eluded her. At the end of it I used this line: THAT REMOTE LOOKS LIKE MY PENIS AND BALLS, LET'S PLAY WITH IT UPSTAIRS. This was a little awkward I guess because 2 of my other friends were over playing as well (they were girls and took the hint and left).

That is EMERGENT GAMEPLAY. Did I mention ZOMBIU ALLOWS ONE PLAYER TO BE AI DIRECTOR, AND THE OTHER TO FIGHT IT OUT IN FIRST PERSON VIEW? Unprecedented, and more importantly, fun. Ubisoft added so many cool little touches, like the minigun turret and the powerups and the way controlls are a little clunky to mimick your fear in an actual zombie apocalypse

AND THAT'S NOT EVEN MENTIONING THAT MARIO KART AND ZELDA ARE COMING :B:

Comment

I cannot emphasize enough how good WiiU is with Nintendoland and ZombiU and 4 friends over.

Mario Kart will just seal the cake. And it's coming this year. In the meantime, Mario Kart Wii works thanks to backwards compatibility.

Comment

Working...
                                X