Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the New Server!

Apolyton.net is now pointing to the new server. Please let us know if you spot any oddities or have any suggestions for what to add to the site!
See more
See less

Red Dead Redemption

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Dead Redemption

So I finally caved and got this game. Gotta admit, this is pretty awesome; the art, in particular, is outstanding. Doesn't quite supplant Mass Effect 2 as my GOTY, but it is probably an easy #2 so far.

I was quite shocked that it didn't roll credits after my final confrontation with Dutch; instead, there are ranching missions back home. That does not bode well for Mr. Marston, does it? I'm trying to finish all the hunting/sharpshooting/survivalist/bounty hunting stuff first, before things inevitably go to hell.

Is Undead Nightmare any good?
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

All I can say is Better Dead than Red.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    :(){ :|:& };:

Comment

I don't know... If I'm forced to go up 10 flights of stairs in 35 heat (TRUE STORY!), I'd rather end up red than dead...
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Any word on whether this is coming out for PC? I don't have any consoles, but I really, really want to play this game.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I couldn't really get to grips with the controls - too many years with keyboard and mouse - but my other half enjoyed me continually riding over cliffs by mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
            So I finally caved and got this game. Gotta admit, this is pretty awesome; the art, in particular, is outstanding. Doesn't quite supplant Mass Effect 2 as my GOTY, but it is probably an easy #2 so far.

I was quite shocked that it didn't roll credits after my final confrontation with Dutch; instead, there are ranching missions back home. That does not bode well for Mr. Marston, does it? I'm trying to finish all the hunting/sharpshooting/survivalist/bounty hunting stuff first, before things inevitably go to hell.

Is Undead Nightmare any good?
            If you haven't gotten to the actual climax--ohhhh just wait. My heart was in my throat.

RDR is awesome. I just wish someone would have that kind of art, combat mechanics and free-roam abilities in a genuine RPG.
            Tutto nel mondo burla

Comment

Yeah, that was pretty hardcore.
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
                If you haven't gotten to the actual climax--ohhhh just wait. My heart was in my throat.

RDR is awesome. I just wish someone would have that kind of art, combat mechanics and free-roam abilities in a genuine RPG.
                I wish people make these kinds of RPGs in other historical settings. Elves and Ogres get old after a while.
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                X