Another EU3 expansion... Divine Wind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another EU3 expansion... Divine Wind

It requires the other expansions (including Heir to the Throne which came out after EU3 Complete so EU3 Complete wasn't technically complete ).

Features

New graphical style, with detailed and beautiful map, including lots of new provinces
    Play as any of the four major daimyo’s in Japan and vie for influence over the Emperor and control over the Shogunate.
    Enhanced diplomacy, with more options for alliances and peace negotiation.
    Dozens of new types of buildings, where you have greater control over the development of your provinces.
    More realistic development of trade, with control over strategic resources giving bonuses.
    Manage the internal factions in China to keep the Mandate of Heaven.
    Over 50 Achievements for players to unlock.
    $20 seems a bit much for it though. It introduces the ability to call in (or not) allies in a war (which was in EU2, so go figure), changes the way buildings work (forcing provinces to specialize on the top-tier buildings), and changes the way you play China, Japan, or the various hordes, as well as some other minor changes.

The new map style looks pretty cool, though:

"Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Can you update games played on Complete?

I have a Swedish game...

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
      Can you update games played on Complete?

I have a Swedish game...

JM
      Never assume save compatibility when new patches come. And certainly not when a new XP comes. But do as me: Make a copy of the old version. It's as easy as mark EU3 folder, ctrl+c, ctrl+v. Voila, you can continue your old game and play with DW on the other.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Hmm.. the Japan, trade and Buildings things remind me of Magna Mundi... I wonder whan MM:TG will be out?
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Q3 2011.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

That long? Wow.
            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

There's a mod called MEIOU which has a fantastic interface. I don't know how it plays but here's pictures of the interface from pre-Divine Wind. A lot of people (myself included) have begged the interface artist to just release the interface without the mod but the MEIOU people are acting all protectionist about it I can't speak on the mod itself since I haven't played it. These guys might have made something great but judging from posts, people aren't too interested in this mod (and I don't like these ugly maps that the modders, Magni Mundi included, use) but love the interface.

Open in new window to see it full size. The top bar is so detailed and far better than what Paradox has come up with. The province dialog box as well.

And actually that alert system in that one is out of date; here's the new alert system at the top (this picture was posted to show a bug so don't mind the cultural decision scrolling bar):

Note too the paintings used for advisors and the addition of more advisors.

I would be interested in this mod but I hate their butt ugly map (even moreso by the vastly improved DW map by Paradox) and I don't like the fact that they may not be using the new Paradox features added in the expansion.
              Last edited by Al B. Sure!; December 20, 2010, 16:04.
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Paradox games are usually bugged to death on release; any word on DW? And is Vicky 2 playable yet?
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                  Paradox games are usually bugged to death on release; any word on DW? And is Vicky 2 playable yet?
                  I've been playing DW. There's some faults that need to be patched with the new features.

The alliance system which oddly was different from EU2 (until DW, allies automatically joined a war even if you didn't need them which was problematic if you knew some of them might refuse to join your war and end your alliance) has some problems with 'cascading alliances'. If, for example, you go to war with Corfu who is allied with Venice, Venice will become the alliance leader and call up Portugal who may be their ally; Portugal becomes the alliance leader and calls up Aragon and England; Aragon becomes the leader and call up Castille and Naples; Castille becomes the alliance leader and calls up Austria... It doesn't always happen and true, stuff like this happened in real life, but it's still a little odd that small conflicts can quickly conflate into world wars in the 15th century and you wouldn't know who you could eventually fight.

You could decide whether or not to call allies in EU2 but the AI didn't have this problem because the new alliance leader wouldn't be able to call up their allies.

I get it is a way to deal with certain exploits (like declaring war on a vassal or smaller ally of a big power and therefore avoiding the big power's more powerful allies) but there's got to be a better way.

I think the word is a patch will be out sometime in January for the bugs. I don't know if the cascading alliance system will be changed though. Paradox may have the attitude of it's working as intended.

Comment

There are a couple bugs, none are lethal to having fun though. My Ming Empire game is quite fun, even though I have done little expanding due to the new factions system for China. This system could need some more tuning, but it's a good feature which keeps me entertained.

Comment

Working...
                    X