Can someone help me out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone help me out?

I've installed Europa Universalis III Complete, and then I downloaded and installed the 3.2 patch for this game.

Now, when I go to start EU3, a pop window appears and says, "Application failed to start. d3dx9_35.dll."

What kind of file is d3dx9_35.dll? And what does the extension file type .dll mean?
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

dll = dynamic link library

You have a direct X error, you'd need to provide more details about your system, os, etc.
    We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Did you download it through Steam and get the patch from paradoxplaza.com?
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I have the actual CD for EU3 Complete. At the launch window for the game, I clicked on "check for updates" and then from there, I was able to start the downloading for the 3.2 patch.

Spaced Cowboy - so do I need to reinstall my Direct X driver?

Comment

Likely.
          We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

I reinstalled the DirectX driver.

Now I have another problem. When I go to launch EU3, just when the game opens up to the first menu screen, it minimizes and it won't maximize/open to full screen again when I try to go back to the menu screen.

Comment

You still have a DX issue.

What is your OS?

What version of DX are you running?

Comment

Windows XP

I tried going to Control Panel and then Device Manager, to see if I can find what version of DirectX I'm using but could not locate the info. I'm fairly sure though, that I installed version 9.

Comment

I did some more digging - the version of DirectX I'm using is:

Comment

Get the latest DX from the MS website and install.

Make sure you video card drivers are up-to-date.

Comment

I did that a couple days ago. My video driver is up to date. And today, when I tried reinstalling DirectX, it said that there was no installation needed, as I had the newest available already.

Comment

What about rolling back to an older driver that was available just before the latest driver?

Comment

Did you download the right EU3 3.2 patch? I know if you go here:
                          http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-November-2009)

It says to make sure you download the latest version at the bottom and that you need patch 3.1 installed before you install patch 3.2
                          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Oh my god. I never even thought about needing 3.1 patch installed first. I will try that, then.

Comment

Got both patches now. But now I have another problem - In Nomine, one of the expansions that is included in the Complete CD, acts as if it's not installed. When I try running the installation of either patch, it says, "In Nomine not installed" - but all the expansions are suppose to be on the one CD - the only CD I have for this game.

Comment

Working...
                              X