No announcement yet.

New Vegas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you talked to the cowboy robot in that plant?
    Graffiti in a public toilet
    Do not require skill or wit
    Among the **** we all are poets
    Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Must've missed him.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Whew, finally finished it for the first time. Sent both the Legion and the NCR packing, leaving myself the master of the Mojave. Damn, how I missed those ending slides in the Fallout 3... Talking with General Oliver, backed up by hundreds of upgraded Securitrons was really awesome. It's a rare moment of pleasure when you find yourself musing over which insult to pick.

Comment

Killing deathclaws from quite a long way away with an anti-materiel rifle and hand-loaded .50 shells
          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
            Have you talked to the cowboy robot in that plant?
            How many caps do you need? I have ~25 IIRC
            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
              Cassidy's the best, Sulik from Klamath is also good. You can have IN/2 followers plus one extra if you take the perk. Vic and Lenny are sub-par. You'll also get Goris and K9 if you follow the plot.
              By the way, have you noticed the family resemblance?
              It's a bit late, but it's Charisma that determines party limit in FO2, not Intelligence. I suppose they just wanted to make Charisma not-crap. They didn't entirely succeed, IMO. I tried Goris, but between the annoying lag at the start/finish of every fight and his inability to use weapons or armor, I eventually just let him berserk himself to death like that Xarn guy in Navarro. Ended the game with Vic, Sulik, Cassidy and an empty slot I didn't bother to refill. Even when they all had Gauss rifles I still caused more damage per shot than all three combined.
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
                Killing deathclaws from quite a long way away with an anti-materiel rifle and hand-loaded .50 shells
                Killing deathclaws from quite a long way away is the only way to do it. They are about an order of magnitude tougher than the deathclaws in FO3. I don't think my super-strength unarmed ninja character would have a prayer, certainly not in hardcore mode.

The big nest of them near that rail station south of Vegas? First time around, with Boone, I climbed up the rocks and sniped at them from the distance with the special plasma rifle and Boone with his scoped hunting rifle. I had over 1000 ammo for the thing, and by the time we had killed every nearby claw, I was on my last clip. And that was with 100 in energy weapons.

Comment

The AMR is essential for deathclaw hunting.
                  John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

That and jet.

The gauss rifle is also somewhat useful, as it minor sway allous you to more easily target their heads.

I'm going with Veronica now, as she can wear power armour (and the ballistic fist is deadly). I have somehow managed to lose ED-E somewhere. I still have his perk, so he isn't dead, but I can't remember where I told him to wait.
                    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                      It's a bit late, but it's Charisma that determines party limit in FO2, not Intelligence.
                      Yeah, that was a brain fart.

Comment

I finally got this game. A little disappointed that you need to play 4 times to experience the full game. That's corny.
                        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

You don't, really. The Legion path closes off a lot of other content, but you can do through almost the entirety of the House/Yes Man and NCR paths without getting shut off.

There are some truly amazing and essential mods over at newvegasnexus.com. Project Nevada, New Vegas Error Corrections, several radio mods, Fellout just to name a few. JE Sawyer, one of the creators, also released his own mod a few months ago which really ramps up the challenge.

I keep coming back to this game again and again; trying to play Fallout 3 after playing NV is almost impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                            I finally got this game. A little disappointed that you need to play 4 times to experience the full game. That's corny.
                            You're upset that a sandbox game has choices and replay value?

I second Guy on the mods.
                            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Pro tip: buff up your lockpick early on, as a very cool and very useful unique weapon can be found in what is probably the first town you will encounter after leaving Goodsprings.

Two more absolute must-have mods: The Weapon Mod Menu and WMX.

Comment

Poly hiccup; nothing to see here, please move along.

Comment

Working...
                                X