NBA 2K11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA 2K11

I know probably no one here has any interest in this but IGN gave NBA 2K11 a review score of 9.5 which is the highest I have ever seen any sports game get from IGN. In fact, "2K Sports has delivered the most finely polished and fully featured sports game I've ever played -- and I've played a lot of sports games."

Holy crap the commentary is insanely realistic. I've heard other clips where the commentators talk about the performances of individual players in previous games during either the real NBA season or your franchise mode depending on your game mode. The color commentary is relevant, the play by play is varied without any repetition, realistic back and forth between the commentators in the lulls of the play, realistic emotion and no strange hiccups in audio... I am amazed by this. I have never seen any commentary in any game start talking about something (in this game, a back and forth discussion about Scottie Pipen), stop to describe the action, then go back "Back to Scottie, Clark..." and they continue their conversation! HOLY ****!

I'm a franchise/season guy for sports games so basketball has always been problematic for me with its 82 games but, judging from its review, this is one of the best games of the year.

If anyone gets it, I want to hear about it. I want to know just how good it is before I get it.
    Last edited by Al B. Sure!; October 4, 2010, 19:54.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

The game sucks. There's no body checking, the movement is painfully slow, it's way too easy to score, and there must be some kind of texture corruption issue because all of the skins are dark.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
      The game sucks. There's no body checking, the movement is painfully slow, it's way too easy to score, and there must be some kind of texture corruption issue because all of the skins are dark.
      You've clearly not seen the Utah Jazz then.

Or the Pacers:

I googled the issue:

The Jazz have had eight white players in uniform this season (Boozer, Fesenko, Harpring, Kirilenko, Korver, Koufos, Okur, Williams) compared to seven each for Toronto (Bargnani, Calderon, Humphries, Kapono, Parker, Ukic, Voskuhl) and the Los Angeles Lakers (Farmar, Gasol, Mihm, Morrison, Radmanovic, Vujacic, Walton).

Indiana with six is in 4th place (Diener, Dunleavy, Foster, McRoberts, Murphy, Nesterovic), while Cleveland and Chicago have had five apiece.
      Carlos Boozer, Deron Williams, Jordan Farmar, and Toronto's Anthony Parker are all mixed race though so I guess if Obama is Black, they are too. Still, there's a good number of white guys in the NBA, especially Europeans.

Asher's racist stereotyping
      Last edited by Al B. Sure!; October 5, 2010, 16:15. Reason: white guys on the Pacers
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
        I know probably no one here has any interest in this but IGN gave NBA 2K11 a review score of 9.5 which is the highest I have ever seen any sports game get from IGN. In fact, "2K Sports has delivered the most finely polished and fully featured sports game I've ever played -- and I've played a lot of sports games."

Holy crap the commentary is insanely realistic. I've heard other clips where the commentators talk about the performances of individual players in previous games during either the real NBA season or your franchise mode depending on your game mode. The color commentary is relevant, the play by play is varied without any repetition, realistic back and forth between the commentators in the lulls of the play, realistic emotion and no strange hiccups in audio... I am amazed by this. I have never seen any commentary in any game start talking about something (in this game, a back and forth discussion about Scottie Pipen), stop to describe the action, then go back "Back to Scottie, Clark..." and they continue their conversation! HOLY ****!
        Looks like someone just had his first sexual experience. Check your facts: Nintendo baseball games did **** like that in like 2003. It's kind of tacky, like douchebags at jam sessions who play guitar with their teeth or behind their back. A little known fact about me is that I am a competitive baseball player in real life.

Comment

I like base balls
          "

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
            Looks like someone just had his first sexual experience. Check your facts: Nintendo baseball games did **** like that in like 2003. It's kind of tacky, like douchebags at jam sessions who play guitar with their teeth or behind their back. A little known fact about me is that I am a competitive baseball player in real life.
            Liar. EA Sports has yet to do this with any of their games. If it's been around for so long, it would be standard by now but it's not.

And what Nintendo system in 2003? You owned a Gamecube?

Comment

Agree with Asher, this game sucks. I just thought it would be soooo much better. I hate to say it, but i wish they would stop releasing a new version every year. Sure I like have the new players, but I wish they would stop for awhile and then come back with something fantastic that blows us all away, instead of just blowing....
              jaxl75 - live underwater Internal Audit | IT Audit

Comment

You can't possibly agree with Asher. Asher was talking crap because he hates basketball.

Comment

I'm right about everything. Even things I know nothing about.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by jaxl75 View Post
                    Agree with Asher, this game sucks. I just thought it would be soooo much better. I hate to say it, but i wish they would stop releasing a new version every year. Sure I like have the new players, but I wish they would stop for awhile and then come back with something fantastic that blows us all away, instead of just blowing....
                    Wouldn't it be lovely if they just released updated rosters as DLC?

I still probably wouldn't buy any sports games. At all.
                    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

My brother used to spend hours weekly updating team rosters on PES (for the PS2), with sheets he printed off the internet
                      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post

I'm a franchise/season guy for sports games so basketball has always been problematic for me with its 82 games but, judging from its review, this is one of the best games of the year.

If anyone gets it, I want to hear about it. I want to know just how good it is before I get it.
                        I havent't noticed any difference in the commentary in comparison to last years version.
                        If you play 30 full lengh games with the commentary on, you will learn the script and it will start seeming boring and repetitive. The commentary is exceptional nevertheless, but I prefer to turn it off and listen to music while I play.
                        The 2010 version soundtrack was better. (it featured one of the bands Asher listens to)

I only play MyPlayer mode on the PC.
                        There are a few bugs and some balance issues but still I like it a lot. It's safe to say that 2k10 and 2k11 are the games that took most of may playing time in the last couple of years.

I even bought the game.
                        Quendelie axan!

Comment

Working...
                        X