Recettear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recettear

Bought this one on Steam. It's an RPG where you play the role of an item shop proprietor. It's not a gimmicky game, it looks at first glance, as right now I have to do several things at once (running the shop, stocking up on rare items on the market to meet the demands of your customers, sending adventurers to plunder dungeons, crafting new stock from otherwise unusable items and I'm just level 5!).
    It's Japanese, so you shouldn't play it if you're allergic to anime.
    However, what it sorely lacks is an autosave feature. (Most JRPGs also lack it, but I've been playing them on emulators, saving early, saving often) I've just spent 2 hours playing it, earning enough to repay my second loan instalment, and sent my second adventurer into the dungeon. Turns out, playing as a thief is harder than playing as a warrior (the latter has reach, and the former flexibility), so I lost. If you lose, you can only bring back 1 item, and I took two items with me to outfit the adventurer, both ****ing expensive. Ragequit. No autosave, will have to do this all again.
    Graffiti in a public toilet
    Do not require skill or wit
    Among the **** we all are poets
    Among the poets we are ****.

This?

братан... that's a game for 12 year old girls... look at it.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I played the demo and saw a couple of streams. Looks fun, especially if you get a lot from games with an anime/jrpg style
      Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

"I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
          This?

братан... that's a game for 12 year old girls... look at it.
          What makes you think I'm not one?

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
            What makes you think I'm not one?
            The possibility now intrigues me... I had you pegged as the guy on the right:

Comment

That's Serb

Comment

Finished my first playthrough. Now in Endless mode. Am going to get all the remaining adventurers and finish all the dungeons, but crafting all the items will be a goal to skip. Why do East Asians like to add enormous amounts of grind to their games? To craft a high-level item you'll need another item that:
                - is a dungeon drop
                - is a rare dungeon drop
                - is a rare dungeon drop from a boss
                - is a rare dungeon drop from a boss and you need 10 of it?

Comment

You can get this game today on steam for $6.80, Albie.
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                  X