No announcement yet.

Starcraft!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, Terrans ARE disgusting inbred hillbillies. Look at what they're listening to or at that zerg-hunting picture in the starting bar. Heck, they used to be called the Terran *Confederacy*.

Oh, and speaking of SCVs. Back in school we each had a Terran unit nickname. They guy we called SCV wasn't exactly happy about that.
    Graffiti in a public toilet
    Do not require skill or wit
    Among the **** we all are poets
    Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
      Actually, Terrans ARE disgusting inbred hillbillies. Look at what they're listening to or at that zerg-hunting picture in the starting bar. Heck, they used to be called the Terran *Confederacy*.

Oh, and speaking of SCVs. Back in school we each had a Terran unit nickname. They guy we called SCV wasn't exactly happy about that.

That's bizarre.

And you're right. They were inbreds. Actually, they were also originally heavily genetically engineered, something which Blizzard seems to have forgotten. In the original SC manual, it didn't just paint them as mere criminals like sc2 does but as a lot of political prisoners and banned genetically engineered people after some religious-based natural human movement (originally a terrorist group) dominated the politics of the new UN. I haven't seen the sc1 manual in so long but I remember something to this effect about wars on Earth about genetic engineering.

Still, the point stands that their ugliness probably had as much to do with graphical limitations as artist vision.

I have noticed that Blizzard's art style has changed over the years. They've become increasingly idealized... Like all the men have absurdly broad shoulders (look at Raynor in some cutscenes where his back is turned on the camera) and all the women are built like barbie dolls. I suppose they kind of had that look since the beginning with Warcraft but I remember characters in Diablo being more proportionate.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

What I did notice is that the artists got lazy:

They even have the same hairstyle! Come on, Blizzard... You couldn't make them at least a little different besides hair color?
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

So does anyone here play it besides Jon Miller?

Comment

I started playing a bit more often recently. Twice a week instead of once every two weeks
            I prefer playing 2v2 with my brother but it's very difficult for us to synchronize our schedules.
            I am on the European server though.
            Quendelie axan!

Comment

I soloed for a while, got to Platinum. It's a great game - will watch some of MLG this weekend, but probably won't play again until the expansion is released.

Comment

Working...
              X